Job Title: Forever Fit Coordinator
Position Summary: The Forever Fit Coordinator is responsible for running Forever Fit - our exercise and fitness programming within the community. This position teaches exercise and fitness classes to residents living in Independent Living, Assisted Living and/or Memory Care communities. Our Forever Fit program addresses the physical, mental, and social needs of our residents. The Forever Fit Coordinator works with patience and compassion to engage residents and meet their unique needs. Additionally, this position works closely with in house therapists to facilitate one-on-one sessions with residents. The Forever Fit Coordinator reports to the Life Enrichment Manager and is a part of the Life Enrichment Team. They educate our residents on leading a healthy lifestyle and encourage them as they go through fitness challenges and achievements. The Forever Fit Coordinator enjoys being on the go across the community and building meaningful relationships with our residents.
Our Life Enrichment Department offers engaging activities and programs that encourage our residents to explore their interests and expand their horizons. Residents participate at their own pace and shine through dynamic activity involvement. They keep activities fresh and innovative, understanding that our communities thrive from the diversity and creativity of our residents. Our goal is to build programming that enhances our residents' quality of life and is enjoyable and beneficial to their well-being.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide instruction for all Forever Fit exercise and fitness programming.
- Travel to provide fitness programming to multiple sites.
- Lead and participate in wellness presentations or health talks with residents.
- Work closely with in house therapists to understand and accommodate any resident needs related to fitness and exercise. Provide one-on-one sessions and therapy daily.
- Forecast and assess fitness needs and provide the Life Enrichment Manager with a calendar of fitness classes for all areas of the community.
- Work with Resident Care department to communicate any health changes they see in residents during activities. Notify Life Enrichment Managers and Resident Care Managers if there are changes.
- Review resident charts to determine if they are appropriate for exercise.
- Assist residents in getting to any activities going on in the community.
- During downtime, assist Life Enrichment Managers with any other activities.
- Ensure proper upkeep on the fitness center supplies and equipment.
- Build relationships with recreation centers and senior centers to facilitate combined exercises or opportunities to utilize space/equipment we do not have within the community.
- Utilize creativity and problem-solving skills to increase fitness programming participation.
- Assist with all other duties as assigned by the Life Enrichment Manager.
At Waltonwood, we are all a part of a team who are here to serve the residents living in our communities. Our residents count on us every hour of every day. First and foremost, we expect our associates to have regular attendance; defined as being on time and present to all scheduled shifts, for the entire shift. Our associates need to value the importance of timeliness, punctuality, and dependability, and how the lack of these critical elements affects others in the workplace and the overall community operations. We expect all associates to be willing to lend a helping hand to co-workers, direct reports, and supervisors, whether it is one of their typical job responsibilities or not. This includes welcoming new associates and residents into the community, and making them feel at home. Associates need to keep the best interests of the residents and other associates in mind, and be an active participant in accomplishing team, community, and company goals.
- Customer Focused - Dedicated to meeting and exceeding the needs of the customer by establishing and maintaining effective relationships as well as gaining trust and respect of customers.
- Detail Oriented - Pays attention to the smallest details in a situation, and truly cares about them. Understands the importance of all aspects of a given task, no matter how trivial they may seem. Values the importance of gathering all relevant information before making a decision.
- Empathetic and Compassionate - Genuinely cares about people, and is concerned with their well-being. Sympathetic to the plight of those less-fortunate. Has the ability to understand and feel what others are thinking/feeling.
- Passion for Seniors - Feels strongly about working with the senior population. Has a drive to go above and beyond for seniors. Typically, this comes from a personal experience or prior work experience in a senior citizen setting.
- Minimum of 1 year of previous experience with teaching exercise classes, preferably to seniors.
- Degree or coursework in exercise science, athletic training, physical therapy and/or a certified trainer is strongly preferred.
- Senior Fitness Instruction Certification a plus.
- Certification in Yoga, Tai chi and Zumba are preferred.
- Previous experience working with seniors is strongly preferred. Previous experience working in memory care preferred.
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of integrity, honesty and good judgment.
- Exercise patience, respect, understanding and compassion at all times.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and stay organized.
- Ability to motivate individuals to participate in events/activities.
- Constant use of manual dexterity, auditory and visual skills and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
- Ability to reach, bend, twist, squat, kneel, push and pull.
- Ability to lift/carry up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to perform repetitive movements including simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
- Occasionally sitting, with frequent standing and walking.