Forklift Instructor - Part Time - OLI0000522
Duties and Responsibilities
FORKLIFT INSTRUCTOR - PART TIME
OLIVE-HARVEY COLLEGEOlive-Harvey College is looking for a Part-Time Instructor for Forklift Operator coursework. The Forklift and Operation Safety certificate program prepares students to become safe and effective forklift operators. Upon completion of the program, students will have working knowledge of the basic use of lift truck as well as the ability to safely inspect and operate lift trucks. The curriculum includes theory and practical training.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate excellence in teaching, commitment to integrating new technologies in the learning process, and the ability to inspire, motivate, and empower students to succeed.
- Required to post your syllabi on Blackboard and to enter your final grades online in PeopleSoft.
- Use established training materials to present formal class training exercises to students.
- Provide instructional training in policy, procedures and all regulatory compliance as it relates to forklifts and operators, including compliance with any local, state and federal rules, regulations and laws.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required, an Associate's Degree preferred but will accept a combination of education and prior experience.
- Must hold a valid forklift operator certification. Must have the knowledge, training and experience to train forklift students on the basic powered industrial truck.
- Completion of the National Safety Council “Train the Trainer” Lift Truck Training Program preferred.
- Good computer skills and have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent ability to work with students and must be able to handle all situations with tact, persuasiveness and diplomacy.
- Knowledge of the Blackboard Learning Management System preferred.We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!
Primary Location: Olive-Harvey College
Employee Type: Part Time | Regular
Union Code: N/A