BASELINE QUALIFICATIONS: Experience, education and training essential to the job.
Forklift Fleet Mechanics must have the ability to work day, afternoons or night shifts.
Ability to read drawings and blueprints and interpret specifications
Knowledge of safe operating procedures
Ability to operate power tools and equipment
Ability to operate computer-based equipment
Familiarity with computerized IWMS/CMMS work order process
Administrative coordination, regarding job assignments, productivity, time management
Demonstrated ability to learn maintenance skills.
Demonstrated skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
Electrical Mechanical aptitude
Knowledge of the operating practices of preventive maintenance.
Union position with FULL BENEFITS! Must be open to off-shifts and weekends as scheudlesare based on senority.
Perform skilled Forklift Fleet Mechanics is responsible for all daily and long term forklift maintenance and repair activities. It is this mechanic's responsibility to ensure that all scheduled and unexpected forklift maintenance tasks be completed in an efficient and timely manner.
- Maintain and repair electric/propane forklifts, pallet jacks, burden carriers, golf carts and other company material handling equipment(MHE)
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance tasks, including: oil changes, tune ups, hydraulic system inspection, belt changes, steering and suspension
- Perform diagnostic and repairs to hydraulic systems, electrical systems, telescopic masts, steering and suspension, diesel engines and fuel systems, propane engine and fuel systems, electric drive vehicles
- Operate and troubleshoot diagnostic equipment
- Dismantle defective forklift parts for repair, using hand tools
- Test and replace electrical components and wiring, using test meters
- Repair or replace defective parts
- Clean and lubricate parts
- Record details of repairs made and parts used
- Track work done and productivity on a daily basis
- Effectively communicate issues to management
This position description is general not intended to be an all-inclusive statement of the duties and responsibilities of the position.