OA LOGISTICS in our Port Wentworth, GA facilities is looking for several Forklift Technician with industrial experience to join the growing and expanding maintenance team. This is a full-time, direct hire position offering health, dental and vision benefits, AD&D and life insurance, paid holidays, Employee Assistance Program, Company store discount, 401(k) and FSA.
The ideal candidate must have industrial maintenance experience working in a distribution / warehouse facility.
The Forklift Mechanics perform a wide variety of maintenance duties including overseeing effective preventative maintenance plans and schedules for all facility equipment and material handling systems. The Forklift Mechanic ensures that all equipment is operating effectively to meet company production goals, and must understand the Preventative Maintenance Programs and general equipment overhaul. The position requires working knowledge of machine shop equipment and power hand tools. The aptitude for mechanical troubleshooting and problem solving skills are needed to improve the overall equipment service levels. General maintenance of everyday facility issues will be part of this multi-skilled position.
Skills and Abilities:
- Maintenance and repair of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and diesel systems on a variety of forklifts and customer equipment while using a high degree of independent judgment.
- Will be responsible for legible and competent documentation of service work orders.
- Ability to understand schematics and diagrams for mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and diesel systems, to aid in independent troubleshoot and repair of related equipment.
- Customer service is KEY to Forklift Mobile's success, therefore candidates should exhibit excellent verbal and written communications skills and possess strong teamwork abilities.
- Assist the Maintenance Department in the execution of preventive maintenance schedules to perform regular maintenance on equipment, including lubrication, change and replace parts, disassembling and assembling work stations etc.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Experience in forklift and industrial equipment maintenance is an essential requirement.
- 2+ years related experience and/or training; certified in forklift maintenance through technical training courses is preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A valid Driver's License is required with a valid motor of vehicle registration and must be maintained.
- A valid automobile insurance is required and must be maintained.
- Warehouse Distribution, 1 year (Preferred).
- Safe travel up to 25% to other facilities sites and to customer job sites in company.
- High school diploma or GED
- PLEASE NOTE: Automotive mechanic and forklift driving DOES NOT qualify as experience for this position!
OA Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our Company has put additional safety measures for the safety and wellness of our employees.
Forklift / Pallet Jack Operator