Dean Foods is excited to announce an opening for a Forklift Operator-Cooler position!
We offer excellent benefits and competitive pay with great growth opportunities!
Rotating Days Off
*Additional shift detail will be provided during the interview process.*
Job Description & Requirements
The Forklift Operator is responsible for driving gasoline, liquefied gas, or electric powered industrial truck equipped with lifting devices, such as forklift, boom, scoop, lift beam and swivel-hook, fork-grapple, clamps, elevating platform, or trailer hitch, to push, pull, lift, stack, tier, or move products, equipment, or materials in a warehouse, storage yard, or factory.
- Duties may include any number of the following:
- Loading and unloading products in trailers.
- Distributing pallets of product from the palletizer to distribution trailers and staging areas.
- Stage materials for production.
- Move product & materials within facility (plant and/or cooler).
- Receive materials for warehouse storage.
- Supplies packaging material, cartons and hulls to line as needed.
- Maintain pallet supply for palletizer.
- Rotate packaging and ingredients using FIFO (First In - First Out).
- Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information.
- Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP’s.
- Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area.
- Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 6 months related in manufacturing enviornment.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Minimum 6 months recent experience operating a forklift in a high efficiency environment.
- Forklift Operator Certification required
- Must be able to pass a written and driving fork lift skills test
- Must be able to sit and/or stand and drive for virtually the entire shift.
- Experience within the food and beverage industry preferred.
- Must be able to work in an environment where temperature is maintained at 35-40 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Delete if not Ice cream plant: For ice cream plants: Exposure to allergens.]
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
- Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).
Dean Foods considers marijuana (including medical marijuana) to be an illegal drug. Dean Foods will rescind offers of employment to applicants who test positive for marijuana (unless restricted from doing so by state or local law). Dean Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.