Drywall is essential to the home building process, which is why we need you to join our team as a Drywall Helper. You will be assisting in the delivery of drywall material to residential construction job sites all across the Twin Cities metro area. Don�t worry, transportation to the job sites is provided.
Dreams on the move
At Lyman Lumber, we do more than stock high-quality building materials. We also deliver the promise of the American Dream. And our forklift operators are on the front line of that mission. We load, handle, source and organize the yard so it runs like a well-oiled machine. This is crucial position that affects all jobs to ensure the team has the materials for the job to run smoothly and on a timely matter.
Why Lyman Lumber?�
- Earn $16.41 per hour starting, with progressive pay
- Schedule is Monday - Friday�with the opportunity for Saturday overtime. This a year-round position.
- Casual dress code
- Opportunity to grow your career
- Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, FSA, 401k, Time off, and Company Cookouts!
Essential Job Duties:
- Assist Driver in loading and inspecting materials scheduled for delivery.
- Ride with the driver to the job site to unload drywall product at job site.
- Catch material off of boom and load onto cart or hand carry materials to location on job site.
- Load orders onto outgoing trucks.
- Assist driver in evaluating delivery site, noting potential hazards, obstacles, physical challenges, etc.; guide driver in maneuvering onto and off customer�s property to avoid damage as needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum education required�High school diploma or GED.
- Have a positive, can-do attitude
- Other�Basic math skills, ability to identify and measure commodities and specialty building products.
- Physical demands include standing and walking for extended periods of time, exposure to extreme temperatures, bending or stooping, regularly lifting up to 50 pounds and frequently up to 75�pounds or more.