Forklift Operator-HUT00242 Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world.Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience.We have 155,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way,reducing environmental impact and improving the communities wherewe live and work.
This full time position is located in Hutchinson, Kansas; however, please expect to receive a call from a 952 area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Cargill Incorporated, a leader in the salt industry, has a full time job opportunity in the surface shipping department.
Safely perform all tasks necessary to operate forklift to load trucks and rail cars with palletized salt product and to warehouse packaged products. Tag pallets with shipping codes. Scan shipping codes to track loading of palletized salt products.
- Load package rail cars and trucks with quality products specified on loading ticket
- Assure proper counts on product loaded, including product codes and number in code, are listed on loading ticket and in SAP sytem
- Apply necessary code stickers, stretch wrap, etc. required in specific comments section or by special customer instructions lists
- Use SAP and warehouse management system to scan loads in and out of inventory, unload receiving items as needed, locate oldest product for stock rotation, fill orders and remove product from orders. Assure product is rotated on a first-in, first-out basis
- Assure all loads are clean, stretchwrapped and covered prior to storing and use proper storage methods. Operate and maintain stretchwrappers and top sheeters.
- Safety performance
- Perform all assigned preventative maintenance tasks
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
- Cargill requires employees be a minimum of 18 years old to work in a production facility.
- Must be able to read/write English.
- High School diploma or Equivalent.
- Basic computer skills.
- Forklift certified.
- Must be able to perform physical job duties including bending/stooping, climbing ladders, open/close valves, shoveling, pounding with hammer and work in confined spaces.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work under special work conditions, such as extreme heat or cold.
- Ability to work in elevated areas.
- Must be able to operate machinery.
- Ability to work overtime.
- Ability to work holidays, nights, weekends or different shifts.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Prior experience in production related work.