Charlie’s Produce - Who We Are
Charlie's Produce is a privately owned wholesale produce company. We are the largest privately owned produce wholesaler on the West Coast, with distribution centers in Seattle, Spokane, Portland, Anchorage, Boise, and Los Angeles. The secret to our 40 years of success in this industry is PEOPLE! We strive to hire the best and we reward them with a working environment that fosters loyalty, stability, innovation, and growth.
Charlie's provides a healthy employee stock ownership program, competitive Medical/Dental/Vision and Life Insurance plans. And our newest benefit offers Pre-Paid Fully Funded College Tuition to our employees and the dependent children of our employees after 1 year!
Essential Responsibilities Include but Not Limited To
The Forklift Operator is responsible for the replenishment of product in an established pace and location. Will meet with the supervisor to obtain pallet put away and replenishment analysis paper work. Throughout shift,the operator must review replenishment analysis reports and ensure product is in the correct location. Must have sensory capabilities to avoid accidents as warehouse environment involves fast moving forklifts and power jack equipment.
- Complete and submit safety checklist daily.
- Sign out hand held radio and scanner as needed.
- As product is replenished or stocked, operator enters information regarding the movement of product into scanner.
- Stocking incoming freight in appropriate areas on shelving
- Continuously cleans isle/work area of debris (e.g. cardboard, strapping, boards, and damaged product). Places trash bin.
- Cleans work area at the end of every shift.
- Communicate important information to the incoming operator.
Charlie’s Produce Total Compensation Package includes
- Competitive hourly wage
- 90 day performance-based
- Yearly review with possibility of increase based on performance and tenure
- We recognize and reward hard work and commitment. Supplemental retirement plan through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Robust employee assistance program (EAP)
- Vacation pay and paid holidays, pre-tax commuter benefits, and free street parking
- Employer-covered College Program
- Coverage under State Sick Leave
- 401(k) available
- Health and wellness benefits including medical, dental, and vision
- 2 years minimum of stand up reach forklift experience required
- 1 year of RF scanner experience required
- 2 years riding pallet jack experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
Ability to stoop, kneel, grasp, carry, stand, walk frequently
Ability to lift, push, pull up to 60 pounds frequently
Ability to work in a refrigerated warehouse
Basic computer skills
Warehouse inventory experience a plus
Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule.
Must be able to take and pass a pre-employment drug test
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration and if necessary the Department of Homeland Security with the information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Charlie's Produce is an Equal Opportunity Employer.