Plastipak Packaging is a global industry leader in the design and manufacturing of plastic rigid containers of the highest quality. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Plastipak is fully invested in our associates providing hands-on training opportunities, unlimited access to industry innovations and motivation for career development. Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship. We pride ourselves on an environment where our associates have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary, with unlimited possibilities.
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
The Forklift Operator/Material Handler is responsible for the safe and efficient movement and storage of finished goods and raw materials. This position plays an important role of supporting the production lines by either supplying raw materials to the lines or by removing finished product from the lines.
- Responsible for reporting food safety issues to personnel with authority to initiate action.
- Recording production, transferring, storing and scanning of both finished goods and raw materials.
- Utilizes approved work instructions for storage, transfer and loading of finished goods and raw materials.
- Loads/unloads shuttle trailers and semi-tractor trailers.
- Responsible for the accuracy of all transactions and product scanning.
- Documents all shipment, both inbound and outbound per work instructions.
- Verifies the quality of the product sent outbound meets customer expectations.
- Identify and report the discovery of any non-conforming finished goods or raw materials promptly.
- Completes routine forklift pre-trip inspections, and changing fuel tanks.
- Performs work in a safe manner and is responsible for following all safety policies and procedures.
- Responsible for adhering to all Good Manufacturing Practices GMP rules. Responsible for maintaining high standards relating to warehouse housekeeping.
- Responsible for working effectively with the Team Leader, production associates, and other team members.
- Has the authority to place product on hold.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- At least 1 year (or more) of related forklift experience, or equivalent combination of education, training, or experience.
- Ability to read and understand documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to work Night Shifts.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Why should you apply?
You may be eligible for:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance and disability
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and profit sharing plan with company match
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Pet Insurance
- Referral bonus program