POSITION SUMMARY: The Forklift Operator is responsible for the safe operation of the forklift. For the purpose of stacking material, loading of trailers, and emptying full containers throughout the facility in an efficient and safe manner.
- Perform pre- and post-operation inspection of the equipment in accordance with Company policy to ensure windows, lights, mirrors are clean, and equipment is in proper operating condition.
- Reports to shift supervisor for daily work assignments.
- Responsible for loading of trailers safely and efficiently.
- Responsible for organizing material in the warehouse.
- Coordinates with supervisor to empty full containers and trash bins throughout the day in and around the facility.
- Continuously monitor the condition of the equipment to ensure it is operationally ready at all times to minimize down time.
- Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
- Must complete and pass OSHA's requirements for forklift certification (powered industrial truck) training as set forth in 29 CFR 1910.178.
- Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer expectations; acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner toward customers and co-workers; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness.
- Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
- Good follow through ability; ability to adhere to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise.
- Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth; promotes the Company’s safety standards; does not take inappropriate risks.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 1 year of prior related experience in forklift operation.
- Minimum 1 year of prior experience working at sites regulated by OSHA.