Founded 40 years ago, Gibson Overseas has become a leader in the Tabletop and Housewares industry. We are an award-winning, fourth generation, privately-owned company with headquarters in Los Angeles. Gibson is a leading Dinnerware, Glassware, Cookware, Cutlery manufacturer, selling to the majority of USA retailers, as well as a notable global presence - with a portfolio of legacy and licensed brands.
PEOPLE ARE OUR #1 PRIORITY.
Please visit us at http://www.gibsonusa.com
We currently have an opening for the following position:
Monday to Friday, 5:45 AM 2:15 PM
The forklift operator is responsible for properly case picking orders in a safe and efficient manner for his/her team with a sit-down propane forklift. His/her team consists of three people; which consist of a forklift operator and two helpers.
- The forklift operator must inspect his/her forklift daily and fill out maintenance check-off list to ensure the forklift is operating properly.
- The forklift operator is responsible for pulling the products for assigned order
- Pick, move, stack, and/or stage pallets with the forklift from the bay area to an assigned workstation and staging areas.
- Proper lifting cases repeatedly for order picking
- Ensure that the exact quantity and correct item number(s) are equivalent to the order assigned.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work station/area for safety purposes.
- Comply with company's policies and safety rules.
- Valid forklift certification for a sit-down propane forklift
- Proof of experience operating a sit-down forklift (at least 6 months)
- Willing to work at all times with a positive attitude.
- Must be flexible with overtime
- Comfortable in a warehouse environment
- Open to cross-training in other departments
- High school Diploma
We offer a competitive salary, bonus potential, and full benefits package
Gibson Overseas is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on gender, race, or sexual orientation