At Graham Packaging, our people drive packaging innovation for some of the most influential consumer brands in the world. To work with big brands, you need to be on the cutting edge, constantly reinventing the future and always willing to change.
Since our beginnings, this dynamic environment has forged a culture where you don't need to wonder where your next opportunity will come from -- the opportunities are all around you. All you have to do is take them.
With a global footprint of 100+ facilities across 16 countries and a committed team 7,000 strong, Graham Packaging offers you the ability to learn, the ability to grow and the ability to make your mark in a company that rewards doers, innovators and collaborators.
Join Graham Packaging today!
Build a meaningful career with a company committed to a cleaner world and a better tomorrow.
Graham Packaging is a leading manufacturer of sustainable packaging. We work with some of the biggest brands in the world to provide them with safe, attractive and convenient packaging that meets the demands of todays consumer.
Our company offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefits program. But thats just the beginning of our story. There are many reasons to launch a career with Graham packaging, here are just a few:
1. We offer training and development opportunities so you can advance in your career with Graham
2. We have an excellent safety program, with one of the best safety records in the industry
3. Our employees are proud to share that we treat our workforce like family
4. We believe in open, transparent communications, starting with senior leadership
5. Our company is committed to bringing meaningful change to the sustainability of our products and operations. In 2019 we were honored with the Sustainability Leadership Award from the Business Intelligence Group, and we recently pledged to make all of our products 100% recyclable, compostable or reusable by 2025.
At Graham, we are focused on the possibilities for a better product, a happier customer and a cleaner world. We recognize that when we work together, we can achieve great things. We treat each other with respect, and are united in a shared passion to make sustainable products that make life easier for the consumers who use them.
Come join us in our quest to create a better tomorrow.
Graham Packaging Company has openingsfor Forklift Drivers based atour West Chicago Plant. Theseopenings arefor DAY SHIFT andNIGHT SHIFT, which operateduring the hours of
- 7:00 am - 7:00 pm
- 7:00 pm - 7:00 am
Forklift Operators perform a combination of product handling and lift truck operating duties to stack, transport, and store work-in-process and finished goods. Supplies production lines with efficient flow of materials knockdowns and dividers - and moves finished goods to warehouse. Complete line driver reports accurately and legible showing locations and quantities of raw materials used as well as quantities and locations where finished goods were stored. Assist production line employees by relieving them in breaks and lunchtime periods. The primary duties of a Forklift Operator include:
- Follow all established safety, health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Perform a safety lift truck inspection and battery check and report any equipment malfunctioning or damage to the Warehouse Manager or Shift Supervisor. Change lift truck batteries and add water when necessary; keep record of time batteries are changed. Fill out lift truck status report.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement projects and other related activities as assigned.
- Review daily production schedule with Shift Supervisor, brings materials to the production lines when needed to execute schedule and notify supervisor of any materials running low. Removes finished goods from production lines, back to assigned warehouse locations.
- Provide accurate information of unloaded materials as well as materials used or produced to warehouse personnel.
- Remove, store, and unitize production scrap bales and informs warehouse personnel when there is enough for a full load. Removes excess corrugated from mezzanine and empties baler as required. Takes full bales of cardboard scrap from baler to assigned location in the warehouse.
- Maintain accurate records of materials being used and produced, and reports them in appropriate paperwork, back to warehouse personnel.
- Remove finished goods and other materials in hold to assigned location. Stores finished goods stacked neatly and in proper height. Verifies that all finished goods removed from the production area must have a product code tag.
- Participate in physical inventory taking.
- Keep each production line supplied with the proper knock down cases, dividers, pallets and when each pallet is full take that pallet to the warehouse for loading on the trailer; and takes unused cases and dividers back to the warehouse to the proper location.
- On limited production, may assist in stock-handler duties or load trailers as needed.
- Bring up hot glue cases to the mezzanine, brings color concentrate to the lines, replaces cold glue tote, removes excess cases from production floor, brings slip sheets to production floor, loads storage racks with gaylords, set up rework, set up units of product on hold for Q.C., relieves stock handlers, loads and unloads corrugated trailers, identifies good corrugated from the bad and isolates it.
- Follow established forklift procedures and complete required safety and maintenance checklists
- Follow established procedures for damaged finished goods and raw materials and report them on line driver report.
- Communicate with supervisor regarding shift totals and machine totals reports and with other lift truck operators regarding any changes or problems that arise, including damaged materials, damaged skids, or low inventories.
- Complete written documentation as required.
- Assist in relieving downstream teammates for breaks and lunches.
- Use forklift to move pallets of finished product to stretch wrap machines to stretch wrap them and to staging area after wrapping, or to specify warehouse location. Completes finished goods report or worksheet.
- Maintain supplies of corrugated and other packaging supplies at each machine.
- Visually inspect all completed pallets of product for quality and conformity to the packaging instructions to ensure quality at the source.
- Limited travel may be required.
Minimum of 1 year forklift experience preferred.
Forklift Operators are required to interact with other managers, employees, vendors, and customers. Therefore, the following skills and proficiencies are also essential requirements of the position:
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
- Computer usage and typing skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly both verbally and orally.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Graham Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed,age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
NOTICE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Graham Packaging is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for any job postings on this site. Resumes submitted to any Graham Packaging employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Graham Packaging. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for a position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral.