Job ID: 147033
Lawn & Garden, a Division of Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is one of the largest manufacturers of bagged and bulk decorative mulch, soil, stone, and limestone products in the nation with over 40 production facilities. We take pride in serving a diverse group of customers including independent garden centers, mass retailers, landscapers, contractors, and homeowners.
This position requires operating a forklift in a rugged 40 acre outdoor, paved and unpaved environment. The successful candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced, covered and uncovered manufacturing facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate stretch wrap machines, film roll up-enders, and extended boom arm forklift equipment
- Organize product in the yard according to inventory procedures
- Safely load product onto and unload product from flatbeds and box trailers
- Validate packing slips, ship tickets, and other delivery documentation by auditing, recording and interpreting shipping documentation, weights & measures, labels and production schedules
Requirements / Education / Experience
- At least 2 years’ experience operating 5,000 lb forklift in an outdoor yard environment
- High school diploma or GED, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Ability to perform routine inspection, fueling & preventive maintenance duties (lubrication, cleaning, battery change)
- Ability to read and write in English
- Math, communication, and comprehension skills to interface with transportation, dispatch, & direct trailer hitch operations
- Ability to successfully pass internal Forklift Certification Training and demonstrate safety procedures.
- Able to perform job tasks in sometimes dusty, hot and/or cold working conditions
- Able to work in harsh or extreme weather conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak or hear.
- The employee will be required to sit for extended periods of time. and your whole body – bending, crouching, climbing - using steps and ladders, pushing pulling, stooping and reaching
- The employee may frequently stand on their feet.
- The employee must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 65 lbs. from the ground level. The need to lift over 65lbs may arise from time to time – should this be the case, employees should engage in team lifting and/or use the provided equipment to safely lift.
- The employee must have the capability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms, legs
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Lawn & Garden, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.