Charlie’s Produce - Who We Are
Charlie's Produce is a privately owned wholesale produce company. We are the largest privately owned produce wholesaler on the West Coast, with distribution centers in Seattle, Spokane, Portland, Anchorage, Boise, and Los Angeles. The secret to our 40 years of success in this industry is PEOPLE! We strive to hire the best and we reward them with a working environment that fosters loyalty, stability, innovation, and growth.
Charlie's provides a healthy employee stock ownership program, competitive Medical/Dental/Vision and Life Insurance plans. And our newest benefit offers Pre-Paid Fully Funded College Tuition to our employees and the dependent children of our employees after 1 year!
Days varies may include weekends
Maintain and repair mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems on Company owned forklifts, powered pallet jacks, and equipment battery systems. Must know how to read a voltmeter, amp meter and ohm gauge.
Essential Responsibilities Include, and Are Not Limited To:
- Performs routine PIT (power industrial trucks) repairs (forklifts, pallet jacks, and material handling equipment)
- Responsible for all aspects of good working mechanical equipment which includes but is not limited to: testing, overhauling, adjusting, repairing, replacing parts, and painting
- Requires a thorough knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic, electrical – including electrical principles, maintenance, lighting, battery repair, and ignition on all types of equipment operated by the Company
- Maintains PIT and AGV batteries and related equipment
- Performances routine Preventative Maintenance and maintains records of repairs
- Performs other duties assigned by supervisor
Charlie’s Produce Total Compensation Package includes:
- Competitive hourly wage
- 90 day performance-based
- Yearly review with possibility of increase based on performance and tenure
- We recognize and reward hard work and commitment. Supplemental retirement plan through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Robust employee assistance program (EAP)
- Vacation pay and paid holidays, pre-tax commuter benefits, and free street parking
- Employer-covered College Program
- Coverage under State Sick Leave
- 401(k) available
- Health and wellness benefits including medical, dental, and vision
- One year relevant experience
- Must have a reasonable selection of tools
- Proven mechanical ability
- Flexibility as hours, day are subject to change
- Ability to work in a refrigerated environment
- Ability to pass drug test
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration and if necessary the Department of Homeland Security with the information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Charlie's Produce is an Equal Opportunity Employer.