Union Beer Distributors is a part of a family run beer distributing company that supplies the highest quality beers available across the northeastern United States. Owned and operated by the same family for the past century, our company places unparalleled value on the strong relationship we have with our customers. We maintain a fine lineup of world class products, and even more importantly, a strong team of world class people.
Union Beer Distributors is currently looking for a Forklift Technician to maintain our fleet. We are looking for an energetic individual who posses’ a strong work ethic and a strong sense of responsibility to join and contribute to our team.
Forklift Technician & Maintenance
- Perform routine, emergency and preventative maintenance of forklifts, powered jacks and other warehouse equipment.
- Interpret manufacturer's technical manuals to perform the necessary maintenance and repairs needed.
- Troubleshoot equipment problems to include brake, electrical and hydraulic systems, detect imperfections, potential problems, safety issues and/or malfunctions.
- Able to diagnose and repair mast and attachment components.
- Good working knowledge of brake systems and tire/wheel changes.
- Ability to work on LP, gas and diesel systems is a plus.
- Replace broken or defective parts from stock parts and/or order replacement parts for major repairs.
- Reassemble forklifts and make all necessary adjustments for effective and safe operation.
- Perform safety inspection of forklifts prior to being released back to the work floor.
- Cleaning of equipment and other areas as required.
- Ensure work area and methods used in carrying out job duties meet safety requirements.
- Maintain an organized and neat work area.
- Competent to complete service documentation and logs for preventative maintenance tasks.
- Learn new technical information and techniques to stay current with changing technology.
- Assist with facility repairs and maintenance as needed
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- Two or more years of experience in a related field, including maintenance of various lift trucks such as Toyota, Raymond and Yale with lift ratings up to 6,000 lbs.
- Manufacturing, automotive, military or recent trade school graduates with applied skills.
- Solid foundation of mechanical aptitude and ability along with knowledge of industrial electricity up to 440 volts would be preferred.
- Valid driver's license and ability to pass a drug screen.
- Able to work safely and follow company rules and procedures.
We offer competitive Hourly Pay, Competitive Benefits Package. Paid vacation time. Wellness and cell phone discounts available.
*subject to terms and conditions