Opportunity to work for a Foundation that’s social impact mission driven. The Director of Accounting & Finance prepares financial data for the strategic policy making functions for the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and manages the day-to-day accounting functions. The position reports to the CFO and provides technical and managerial support to the CFO in the financial, planning and strategic management of the organization.
- Designs and implements (with approval of the CFO) the financial policies and procedures of the organization in order to maintain a financially strong and disciplined organization.
- Responsible for managing the members of the finance team.
- Along with the CFO prepares the monthly financial reports.
- Responsible for the tracking of all net assets.
- Responsible for making bank deposits as needed.
- Oversee online bank account transfers between accounts.
- Oversee approval of weekly accounts payable activity.
- Oversee bi-weekly payroll processing and cash transfer to payroll account. Responsible for processing online 403B deposit.
- Oversee contact with independent auditor during annual audit preparation process.
- Promotes financial discipline and assures compliance with all fiscal accounting and reporting requirements related to funding.
- Maintain the company’s financial status and manages all day-to-day accounting operations.
- Assists with the month and year-end close of the general ledger, including reconciling all balance sheet accounts.
- Participates in strategy development with the CFO to maintain the fiscal stability.
- Participates with the CFO and CEO in setting budgets, financial goals and objectives.
- Performs other duties as may be requested by the CFO.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Employee Referral Program
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Enhanced wage option
Skills & Qualifications:
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant finance and accounting experience, with at least 2+ years at a non-profit organization.
- Advanced degree in accounting, finance, or related field, and regional audit firm experience preferred.
- Familiarity with private and public grant and contract management.
- Strong problem-solving skills, including a demonstrated ability to work independently and effectively through evolving, ambiguous circumstances.
- Ability to provide solid references who can account to integrity, trust, and sound judgement.
- Commitment to a mission driven organization.
VP / Director of Finance