Nexus Family Healing is a national nonprofit mental health organization that restores hope for thousands of children and families who come to us for outpatient/community mental health services, foster care and adoption, and residential treatment. For over 45 years, our network of agencies has used innovative, personalized approaches to heal trauma, break cycles of harm, and reshape futures. We believe every child is worth it — and every family matters.
We are looking for a Foundation Operations Manager to join our Home Office team in Plymouth, MN! The Foundation Operations Manager will be responsible for managing daily operations of the Nexus Foundation including implementing policies and processes, oversight of cash applications for donations, managing the Foundation database and related systems, and managing third party donation platforms. This role will provide cross-departmental data analysis and testing to support the development, execution, and analysis of key Foundation activities.
At Nexus Family Healing, we not only support diversity – we celebrate it and rely on it for the betterment of our employees, our services, and our impact on the community. We strive to provide the best quality care for our youth and the best work environment for our employees through an inclusive team culture. Nexus Family Healing is proud to be an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, familial status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran, or disability status.
**COVID-19: The safety of our youth, families, employees, and candidates are a top concern. We are following the guidelines provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and adapting our processes as changes arise. This position is physically located in Plymouth, MN. Remote work is only temporarily available due to COVID-19
- Implements department policies and procedures for day-to-day operations while providing cross-departmental data analysis and testing to support the development, execution, and analysis of key Foundation activities.
Provides oversight of gift coding and the cash application process for donations in coordination with the Finance department.
- Manages all aspects of the Foundation database and related tools including Blackbaud, NXT, Raisers Edge Database, Online Express, Merchant Services, Research Point, and Target Analytics.
- Ensures effective departmental procedures are in place for data management, gift coding, donor attributes, proposals, portfolio development, generating reports and lists, maintaining data health and accuracy, maintaining donor experience maps, maintaining dashboards, and creating goals and standards within the donor management systems.
- Responsible for data analysis to support donor engagement and for establishing processes and benchmarks for trends related to donors and funding.
- Works closely with Marketing and Foundation team to support data analysis, list generation and other tools to support constituent engagement processes.
- Trains applicable staff on internal Blackbaud practices and establishes related procedures.
- Identifies and coordinates additional training resources from Blackbaud University and other sources.
- Responsible for the management and communication of all system updates and changes issued by Blackbaud.
- Serves as the key contact for all Blackbaud vendor services and tools.
- Develops and maintain guidelines for security profiles for Blackbaud users.
- Resolves any system issues in conjunction with Blackbaud customer support.
- Investigates and provides solutions for meeting departmental reporting needs.
- Ensures that all Third-Party Donation Platforms are tied to the appropriate bank accounts and EIN numbers.
- Monitors and ensures accuracy/consistency of Third-Party Donation accounts and related processes and reports (Examples: GiveMN/Mighty Cause, Giving Hearts Day/Stripe, Amazon Smiles, Benevity, etc.).
- Coordinates content development with the Foundation and MarCom Colleagues for events.
- Participates in interview, selection, and ongoing development of assigned staff. Supervises, ensures appropriate accountability, and conducts performance reviews for assigned staff.
Required Education and Licensure
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of experience administering relational databases in fund development required. In lieu of a bachelor’s degree, may accept a combination of education (minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent) and 5 years of experience administering relational databases in fund development.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Experience with back office functions related to gift processing, data entry, and reporting required.
- Maintains a valid driver’s license and a driving record that meets regulating agency and corporate policy requirements.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Three (3) years of experience supervising others.
- Experience with donor management databases and software, specifically in Blackbaud.
- Prefer experience with Blackbaud/Raiser's Edge and related products working at a strategic systems level.
- Understands basic Accounting practices.