Out of an abundance of caution for the current situation with the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we are offering a completely virtual hiring process; this means all your interview steps will be completed via phone or video meeting. We also offer work from home, with the understanding that in the future this role may transition to an in-office, onsite position in our Salt Lake City office. While our day-to-day approach has changed a bit during this time, our dedication to hiring the best talent in the industry and helping them to thrive both personally and professionally is stronger than ever.
Who We’re Looking For
The responsibilities of the FP&A Analyst include oversight and preparation of budgets, forecasts, month-end reporting and analysis, operational and management reporting, trend analysis, and ad hoc analysis to support management decision-making for new initiatives.
The FP&A Analyst will support the Directors of Finance & Accounting in preparing and reviewing a variety of complex financial data and will maintain and update the marketing/sales financial models and forecasts. They will review actuals vs. forecasts, investigate material variances, develop tools for improving the forecasting and actual results and roll them out to the executive and management team.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong background in finance, have a good understanding of overall business operations and will enjoy working on very complex and critical projects.
Breaking Down Your Day to Day
- Planning process – Direct the compilation of business unit plans and present analyses of forecasted amounts in relation to actual results and previous forecasts and expectations. Highlight and understand major assumptions and their effects on the budget/forecast. Perform sensitivity analyses to assess a reasonable range of outcomes.
- Financial modeling – Prepare comprehensive financial models with an integrated set of financial statements, assumptions (such as revenue, margins and working capital requirements) and metrics. Analyze past results and future outcomes in conjunction with market analyses to develop recommendations for changes in model assumptions. Perform sensitivity analyses to assess a reasonable range of outcomes.
- Financial analysis – Present analyses on forecasts and trends. Analysis for forecasts includes identifying, understanding and communicating changes in forecasts. Trends must also be identified, often by thorough data analysis. Expectation for this individual to identify cost savings opportunities for the Company. Financial analysis also encompasses leveraging tools to quickly access data and present meaningful, concise information.
- Business analysis – Prepare executive summaries for topics such as market analyses, macro-economic conditions, and financial metrics. These types of analyses require an ongoing understanding of key markets, competition, and economic conditions. They also require an understanding of how these factors affect various aspects of our business, as well as our relative position in markets. Identifying and conveying key influences on our businesses and trends is expected.
- Process improvement – Continuously develop systems and processes. Evaluate current processes, identify best practices, develop plans to reach goals and implement improvements..
- Interdepartmental Collaboration - Interacting cross-functionally with stakeholders across Partner Strategy/Account Management, Marketing, and Sales.
What You Need
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics or other related fields, MBA preferred
- Advanced Excel skills required. Proficiency in SQL strongly preferred
- 2-3+ years experience in FP&A or other finance-related roles
- Excellent business acumen and ability to relay objectives and translate data to stakeholders within the organization
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills; ability to work cross functionally with multiple teams and communicate effectively
- Strong sense of drive, grit, and ability to show initiative when pursuing strategic objectives
More About Clearlink
Clearlink, a SYKES company, is an award-winning digital marketing, sales conversion, and technology company, headquartered in Salt Lake City. A trusted partner for Fortune 500 companies since 2003, Clearlink delivers intuitive and engaging experiences throughout the customer journey that connect consumers with the products and services they need. Clearlink’s people-focused culture has been recognized internationally for strong leadership, business growth, innovative employee initiatives, and corporate social responsibility.
We are a company that lives by CLEAR values: Create Community, Learn and Grow, Embrace Opportunity, Act Like an Owner, Respect Every Person. What does that mean? It means that when you come to work for Clearlink, you’ll be surrounded by people that care for each other, care about every person being able to be the most authentic version of themselves, and care about making the communities around them a better place. Clearlink is a place that will empower you to take true ownership of your career and provide all the support needed to help you turn challenges into opportunities to grow!
People have taken notice of all the phenomenal things happening here at Clearlink! Over the last couple of years, we’ve been recognized with dozens of awards, such as:
- Utah Business Magazine’s SAMY Awards
- Utah Business Magazine’s 40 Under 40 Awards
- Utah Business Magazine’s 30 Women to Watch Awards
- Utah Business Magazine’s 20 in Their 20s Awards
- Utah Business Magazine’s Fast 50 Awards
- Search Engine Land Awards, Best In-house SEO Team Finalist
- PR Daily Digital PR Awards, Viral Campaign Award
- PR Daily Digital PR Awards, Media Relations Campaign Award
- Utah Diversity Connection, Large Business Diversity Award
- The Stevie Awards, Achievements in Health and Wellness
- The Stevie Awards, Achievements in Developing and Promoting Women in Business
- The Stevie Awards, People-focused CEO of the Year
- Utah Business Magazine’s CEO of the Year
- Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces Award
- Women Tech Council’s Shatter List
In addition to the competitive pay and a healthy work/life integration, Clearlink offers industry-leading benefits to support you both inside and outside of the workplace. Some of the benefits include:
- An award-winning wellness program with a path to have 100% of healthcare premiums paid in full (over 80% of employees have 90%-100% of their premiums covered by Clearlink)
- 401K matching, tuition reimbursement, dedicated budget for conferences and certifications training/certification opportunities
- Free sets of ski passes to Utah’s top ski resorts
- Annual Trip of a Lifetime winners from each department that get to choose anywhere in the world to visit, and everyone in the larger group of finalists get a consolation prize of a week in a tropical paradise like Hawaii, Jamaica, or Mexico
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Access to yoga, meditation, counseling, outdoor and wellness activities like mountain biking and paddle boarding, and much more
*Everyone is a part; no one is apart. Ours is a community for everyone. We embrace diversity in experience, identity, and perspective, not only to help each of us learn and grow, but also to expand the capabilities of our business.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.