In search of a Financial Planning Analyst who will be accountable for the timely financial planning and risk management operations of the company. Core functions include the development of a financial strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and timely report accurate financial results. Work with Asset Manager(s), Property Manager(s) to oversee property and company operating budgets designed to mitigate risk, increase revenue opportunity, and enhance the accuracy of reported financial results.
location: San Jose, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $95,000 - 125,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Master's Degree
experience: 4 Years
• Assist in formulating company tactical initiatives.
• Interface with multiple company stakeholders including Board, Owners, and CEO.
• Coordinate with corporate CPA to develop financial and tax strategies.
• Monitor business operating budget(s) and coordinate any necessary capital requests.
• Develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction.
• Provide analysis and support for key financial decisions of the Board and executive management team.
• Oversee the company's asset procurement process including policies and procedures surrounding the Cilker Equipment Company.
• Timely issue and complete financial statements including cash flow, profit and loss, balance sheet and budget variances.
• Create a consolidated financial statement for COMC.
• Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations.
• Coordinate with Asset Manager on the production of annual budget and forecasts including distribution models.
• Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
• Provide for a system of management cost reports.
• Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
• Produce reports related to and required for tax reporting purposes.
• Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile.
• Construct and monitor reliable control systems.
• Manage relationship with key insurance reps and maintain the appropriate insurance coverage limits (Agricultural and Commercial).
• Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements.
• Report risk issues to the senior staff/ President.
• Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts as required. Provide monthly updates.
• Arrange for debt and equity financing.
• Oversee the appropriate investment of available funds.
• Formalize plan for lending between operations.
• Participate in conference calls with the investment community.
• Maintain banking relationships and recommend/ coordinate changes as necessary.
• Represent the company with investment bankers and investors . Interface with CPA and professional advisors
•Knowledge and application of financial planning, modeling and reporting methods & tools.
•Effective communication skills, written and oral.
•Strong presentation skills.
•Able to partner well with peers, external service providers, and external stakeholders (property owners).
•Practical, timely problem-solver; able to recommend solutions that address immediate issues and root-causes.
•Very strong analytical skills.
•Master's degree in accounting or business administration
•5+ years of progressive experience for a major company or division of a large corporation, family business, or reputable accounting firm
•2+ years of experience in Real Estate is an absolute must
•Preference will be given to candidates with an MBA in Finance and/or CPA
If you have the qualifications to take this organization to the next level, or know of someone, please respond to this post directly for a confidential conversation and resume review.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.