FPGA Engineer with DSP Emphasis
ISBU | Tucson, AZ, United States
Why Join Rincon Research Corporation (RRC)?
At Rincon Research Corporation, our primary business is innovating, developing, and fielding digital signal processing (DSP) products and services for the United States Defense and Intelligence Communities in support of national security.
Rincon Research Corporation seeks a FPGA Engineer with DSP Emphasis who is a self-starter to work in a multi-disciplinary R&D environment with similarly motivated electrical engineers, mathematicians, and computer scientists who are collectively responsible for creating custom digital signal processing solutions and communications systems in support of national security defense.
Come join the team that is creating cutting edge signal processing, geolocation, and communication systems for the future!
What are the primary responsibilities in the FPGA Engineer with DSP Emphasis position?
This individual will work on small project teams to conceive, analyze, design, implement, test, deploy, and maintain real-time H/W-based solutions for modern communications systems. Implementation includes DEMOD/DSP algorithm development, hardware integration, test development and deployment. This position offers the opportunity for direct interaction with end users and customers.
What required background will make you successful?
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or other equivalent field of discipline
- Demonstrated knowledge programming FPGA devices with VHDL/Verilog
- Strong background in DSP with an emphasis in communications theory
- Demonstrated knowledge of implementing algorithms in Fixed Point H/W with an emphasis in FPGA based solutions
- Ability to obtain and maintain TS/SCI security clearance
- US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
- Master’s or PhD in Electrical Engineering or other equivalent field of discipline
- 3-5+ years of experience in practical system development and deployment
- Working knowledge of C, C++, python or similar high-level language on Linux
- Working knowledge of developing and implementing real-time DEMOD algorithms for modern modulation schemes (e.g. n-FSK, QPSK, SQPSK, QAM-x, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Multirate DSP techniques
- Working knowledge of MATLAB
- Current security clearance
- X-Midas experience
Applicable Background (experience in any of the following):
- Signal conditioning
- Interference canceling
- Cyclostationary techniques
- Spectral methods
- Satellite communications
- Cellular communications systems
- Modern wireless protocols
- Coding theory and techniques
Where is the position located?
There are 3 open positions:
Senior FPGA Engineer position is located at our Centennial, CO office.
FPGA Engineer position is located at our Tucson, AZ office.
FPGA Engineer position is located at our Centennial, CO office.
What benefits does RRC offer?
- 100% employer-paid premiums for family medical and dental insurance, employee life insurance, short-term and long-term disability (STD & LTD)
- Flexible reimbursement spending accounts for medical expense and dependent care
- Immediate participation and vesting in the company’s Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) and 401(k) Plan
- Employer contributions to RRC’s ESOP
- Employer matching contributions to the company’s 401( k) Plan
- Employer discretionary contributions to the company’s 401(k) Plan
Rincon Research Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.