Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Develops and executes strategies for the local PR and social media programs, in conjunction with Management objectives, to improve visibility of Franchisee network. Identifies and executes the best mix of activities and finds ways to increase Franchisee participation to achieve the best results.
· Advises Management on social media and public relations best practices to help make sound decisions on budget investments and activities in those areas.
· Familiar with media distribution software.Independently identifies key media outlets and contacts at the local level within our Franchise footprint and cultivates those relationships on behalf of WREA.
· Identifies and leverages promotional opportunities within the media to achieve highest visibility, including, but not limited to, media trends, news cycles and spin opportunities.
· Develops and proactively manages content calendars for both PR and social media.
· Analyzes and measures results of PR and social media programs and present findings and recommendations to Management.
· Plans, writes, and executes public relations and other communications efforts to effectively convey Weichert franchisee messages/news at the local level.
· Handles media inquiries, prepares quotes/media statements, sets up interviews, and pitches stories to reporters.
· Conducts outreaches and interviews with franchisees. Writes and places news releases and content stories, using a standard Weichert format.
· Works with the Director of Corporate Communications on company releases to ensure communications are sent out on a national level.
· Maintains social media networks, including Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. Composes, schedules and publishes content weekly.
· Monitors and responds to conversations on social media channels when appropriate. Researches methods to attract more followers so messages reach larger audiences.
· Supports internal communications from WREA to Franchisees, which may be in the form of newsletter content, email blasts and social media posts.
· Ensures Company compliance with business and legal guidelines for appropriate and ethical communications.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
· Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, English, or a related field
· Five (5) years of corporate communications and/or public relations experience
· Two (2) or more years of corporate social media experience
· Previous media relations experience required
· Franchise experience or experience servicing multiple brand stores across the country, a plus.
·Understanding of social media platforms and content creation.
·Strong sense of judgment, tact and diplomacy to effectively interact with Franchisee customers and develop those relationships to cultivate news and other promotional stories
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products, as well as, using media databases and other online tools.
· Excellent oral and written communications skills
· Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
· Strong attention to detail and follow-up skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.