Lynden International is lookng for someone to join our team in the payables and billing department. You will be working with our vendors to facilitate payments.
- Build relationships with agents and other departments to facilitate positive communication and outcomes.
- Create and distribute agents accounts receivable statements monthly.
- Receive and process agent billed accounts payables statement.
- Net outgoing and incoming wire transfers.
- Review account activity and communicate with agent throughout the net settlement process.
- Monitor accounts to ensure agent and Lynden are within credit terms and limits, recommending suspension of agent activity when appropriate.
- Reconcile bank related activity for all wire transfers for overseas agents.
- Maintain data input to meet deadlines
- Verify accuracy of charges from vendors and correct shipment cost information. This may include rating of the bills based on rate agreements or working with field offices to determine correct charges.
- Responsible for managing accounts payables statements from vendors to ensure accounts payable aging is accurate and complete.
High school diploma and a minimum of two years related experience. AA degree and experience in international collections and/or payables preferred. Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, familiar with Excel functions. Oracle EBS, Cargowise, and KOFAX accounting systems experience a plus.
Experience in effectivly communicating to others using written and verbal skills, must be able to communicate clearly with overseas agents, other Lynden offices, and management personnel. Able to explain detailed processes. Ability to read, comprehend, and interpret communication from overseas agent and suppliers. Foreign language a plus.
Experience with foreign exchange rates and to convert to various foreign currencies a plus.
Possess the ability to problem solve and work independently in a cubicle environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer