FREIGHT BROKER NEEDED FOR FAMILY OWNED WAREHOUSE AND DISTRIBUTION COMPANY:
Are you confident and enjoy working in sales? Are you motivated and organized?
The Freight Broker position is a multi-functional job that requires high problem solving ability, quick negotiating and decision making ability--looking for the right candidate with exceptional people skills, and an excellent attitude for cold-call sales!
The main responsibilities of this position focus on handling Less than Load (LTL) needs of customers through working with third party carriers and shippers/receivers.
- Maintain contact with internal team throughout the day, promote collaboration.
- Manage multiple deliveries, process spot requests, and provide accurate and detailed information regarding load information.
- Negotiate contracts and pricing agreements with carriers to assure highest margin possible for hauling shipments.
- Plan and coordinate pick-up and delivery schedules.
- Work with Shippers, Carriers, and Dispatchers to manage the schedules.
- Collect, document and disseminate accurate information to/from Carriers and Drivers and between internal departments
- Track and report shipment status to customers.
- Ensure that freight paperwork is completed and approved before transportation.
- Maintain freight files and customer receipts for reference purposes.
- Maintain strong relationships with multiple carriers.
- Acts as a communication liaison with carriers and the internal departments, escalate to management (as applicable).
- Identify and contact qualified carriers for freight services.
- Resolve freight discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Cultivate strong relationships with carriers and customers to reduce the stress that comes with last minute schedule changes.
- Manage carrier issues and resolve carrier operational problems.
- Respond to customer concerns and queries professionally.
- Maintain positive and productive relationships with customers.
- Contact current and potential customers for new business opportunities. Heavy cold call sales experience REQUIRED
- Schedule: Mon - Fri
- Duration: Temp to Hire
- Wages: $16.00+/hr DOE
Company Benefits After Hire
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Vacation & Holiday Pay