Join our Winning Team today and start your ownership journey!
WinCo Foods is a family of 20,000+ employee-owners, with 126 grocery stores and our own distribution and transportation network operating across 10 states in the American West, Pacific Northwest and Southwest. As the Low Price Grocery Leader we believe that we make the lives of our customers and employee-owners better and we do it by focusing on the people and communities where we operate.
WinCo Foods began in 1967, in Boise, ID, under the name Waremart, operating stores under the name until 1999, when the name was changed to WinCo Foods, short for Winning Company.
In 1985, after a group of senior employees purchased a majority interest in the company, they made the momentous decision to give WinCo Foods employees a real ownership stake. The WinCo Foods Employee Stock Ownership Trust (ESOP) was born, creating what has now become the third largest Employee-Owned company in the United States.
Today, WinCo Foods is well known and beloved for its everyday low-prices and engaged employee-owners across our service areas, encompassing 126 stores throughout Washington, Idaho, Nevada, California, Oregon, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Oklahoma and Montana.
Here’s the best part: The day you start at WinCo Foods is the day you start building your ownership stake! (available at most locations, check the locations Summary Plan Description)
Providing for your future self – While you may not think so today, the WinCo Foods ESOP is a path to financial security. Think about this: to date, we have more than 500 millionaire employee-owners, with hundreds more close behind!
The formula is simple: work hard and the better you do, the better your location does. The better your location does, the better the company does. The better the company does, the better our ESOP does. You get an annual gift of stock equaling 20% of what you make each year. After six years, it’s all yours, no matter what. (ESOP available at most locations, check the locations Summary Plan Description)
You can own a grocery store! How cool is that? Work hard, stay focused and it may just support you for the rest of your life!
In addition, WinCo Foods also offers great Healthcare at very low cost, career advancement opportunities, paid vacation and sick leave, and competitive wages.
So what are you waiting for? Apply now!
Maintains and replenishes stock in a safe and efficient manner to meet customer purchasing needs. Consistently provides friendly, courteous customer service to internal and external customers. Generally works between 9:00 pm to 9:00 am. Performs other related work.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Seeks opportunities to welcome, engage, serve and thank customers. Maintains an atmosphere of friendly, enthusiastic customer service with an emphasis of taking care of the customer.
- Maintains the quality condition of all products; stocks, rotates, and faces product; discards outdated and spoiled products and maintains stockroom.
- Cuts boxes in a precise manner and places small containers on shelves.
- Maintains a safe, secure and sanitary work environment.
- Orders products, cut cases, stacks, prices and marks merchandise.
- Builds product displays and operates related equipment such as hand trucks and pallet jacks.
- Performs all job duties and responsibilities with honesty and integrity.
- May performs checking duties with an emphasis on providing friendly, courteous, customer service.
- May train other employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
- Consistently provide world class customer service to internal and external customers.
- Exhibit interpersonal skills with oral and written communication skills.
- Work varied nights between 9:00 pm to 9:00 am in a 24/7 operation; including night, weekends and holidays.
- Reach, lift, stack and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weights up to 40 lbs. within the range of floor level to overhead frequently.
- Lifts up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Push and pull hand trucks and pallet jacks containing product of substantial weight.
- Stand, walk and move rapidly for long periods of time.
- Bend, stoop, twist and turn frequently.
- Ensure safe and accurate completion of work activities.
- Perform repetitious work accurately and with mental alertness.
- Perform basic math (add, subtract, multiply and divide).
- Learn and memorize location of products, check stand and keyboard procedures, company policies, PLU codes, inventory control merchandising, and shipping and receiving procedures.
- Exhibit manual dexterity and good hand/ eye coordination to move freight.
- Work in varying weather conditions for performance of outdoor duties.
- Work with potential hazards with respect to equipment, tools and work aides.
- Work in freezer and cooler.
- Conduct visual inspection and merchandise being placed on shelves.
- Perform tasks requiring manual dexterity for placement of small items on hooks, shelves, etc.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Perform primary duties efficiently and accurately.
- Food Handlers Certification (Per State Laws).
- Electric and manual pallet jacks, handtruck, garbage and card board compactor.
- Fork lift as needed.
- Box knife.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of personnel may vary.
As WinCo Foods continues to grow, our diversity—from our variety of perspectives and wide range of experiences—is essential to our strategy and success. We are committed to continue to cultivate and celebrate an inclusive environment in which all employees are valued and respected regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.