Adjunct - French
Job Code: 1254
Division: Arts, Communications, and Humanities
Reports to: Language Coordinator, Dean of Arts, Communications, and Humanities
Positions Supervised: None
Location: Any KCKCC location
Kansas City Kansas Community College (KCKCC) is currently searching a full-time faculty member to provide high quality, learner-centered instruction for students enrolled in French related coursework at any KCKCC location while supporting the institution’s mission, vision, and strategic plan. This is a POOL position. Application materials for this adjunct position accepted on an on-going basis due to increasing demand for courses in this subject area.
- Demonstrate excellence in teaching a diverse population
- Showcase the ability to inspire, motive and empower a diverse group of students
- Challenge students to think critically about coursework
- Evaluate students and their academic progress in a timely manner
- Participate in departmental and collegiate faculty meetings
- Follow, evaluate, and validate course objectives
- Develop individualized instruction using a variety of well-designed instructional material, technologies, and modalities
- Ensure student engagement, awareness of course objectives, approach and evaluation techniques
- Carry out regularly scheduled instruction using a variety of modalities (online, Zoom, on-ground, hybrid, etc.)
- Evaluate student progress/achievement and is responsible for the timely overall assessment of the student’s work within assigned courses
- Provides a learning environment that is fair, respectful, safe, and professional
- Model a service leadership mind-set in all activities and interactions with stakeholders
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications and/or Education
- Master's degree in French or a master’s degree in another are with 18 credit hours of graduate French coursework
- Teaching experience with a diverse population
Preferred Qualifications and/or Education
- Teaching experience in an open enrollment, urban community college
- Experience with a Learning Management System such as Blackboard
- Experience in learner-centered pedagogy
- Prior experience teaching French
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, talk, hear, walk, sit, and occasionally push or lift items. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work a variable schedule/hour to meet operational needs. May require evening and weekend hours. Your appointment is contingent on sufficient enrollments, or on program and scheduling changes.
Pay grade level: N/A
Compensation: $833 per credit hour
Employee category: Faculty
Position Type: Adjunct Faculty/ POOL
FLSA status: Exempt
- As openings for adjunct faculty become available, candidates may be selected from this pool of applicants.
- Read the job announcement carefully noting the minimum qualifications and required information. Note that information contained in your application materials will be used to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for the position. Make sure you complete/submit all the documents listed as required.
- During the application process, unofficial transcripts may be submitted. However, please note that upon selection for hire, you will be required to submit official transcripts.
- Ensure that your transcripts show that a degree was awarded or conferred if you are stating that it is your highest level of education completed. If you certify your level of education and it cannot be verified from your transcript(s), your application may not be referred to the selection committee.
- Foreign degrees are acceptable provided they have been translated and/or shown to have equivalency to a United States: Associate, Bachelor, Master, or Doctorate level degree.
- Documentation verifying completion of a degree, course work within a discipline, or other educational criteria should be electronically attached (uploaded) to your application.
- Three (3) professional references with phone number and email addresses are required.
- A college selection committee is responsible for application review and interviews. The final candidate(s) selected to be hired will be made by the hiring manager.
- Successful completion of a background check on all persons recommended for employment is required Individual hiring departments may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process.
***This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. This job description may be revised upon development of other duties and changes in responsibilities.