Processes orders from walk-in customers. Material is purchased on account, credit card, cash, check.
1. Enters customer order into the business system.
2. Completes order by filling, checking and processing order.
3. Maintains a balanced cash drawer.
4. Assists at will call when needed.
5. Provides customer with basic technical support.
6. Handles incoming returns from customer and forwards to return cart.
7. Re-stocks material that is not sold.
8. Frequently lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions product weighing up to 40 pounds unassisted when stocking, loading or unloading products. Typically bends, stoops and/or crouches from various heights on a regular basis to stock or deliver product to a customer.
9. Operates forklift: proper training and certification required. May also use material handling equipment (including pallet jack, dollies, handcart & conveyor).
10. Assists in maintaining a neat & professional counter area including general housekeeping as needed.
11. Assists in daily warehouse operations when requested by leader/supervisor/manager.
12. Creates, implements and revises work procedures and instructions.
13. Supports the quality initiatives set forth by the Region.
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. Two or more years of work experience in warehouse operations required.
3. Knowledge of electrical distribution operations and/or similar product knowledge preferred.
4. Excellent communications skills with the ability to interact with customers in a professional manner.
5. Ability to work with minimal supervision, organizing, prioritizing and completing of tasks.
6. Basic PC skills with MS Office products required.