Position Title: Guest Services Associate
Immediate Supervisor’s Title: Front Office Supervisor
- Greet and welcome guest.
- Assign rooms and keys.
- Keep track of daily scheduled functions and their locations.
- Manage all daily arrivals and departures, including groups.
- Prepare guest folio and collect payment for visit.
- Follow banking-out and shift closing procedures.
- Maintain safe and clean work areas.
- Provide accurate, descriptive hotel information to guests and callers including hours of operation, guestroom features and locations, all services and amenities provided, and local area information.
- Provide suggestions for places to visit, eat, and shop as well directionsand maps.
- Handle mail, messages, guestroom messages, and faxes per prescribed procedure.
- Arrange transportation.
- Carry out specified duties in the event of emergencies.
- Answer phones promptly in a polite and professional manner using the standard phraseology.
- Route incoming calls to the appropriate department, guestroom,meeting room, or other facility.
- Handle wake-up calls and ensure timely delivery by following standard procedure.
- Assist guests with function of all guestroom features.
- Log and track all guest complaints.
- Promptly communicate all requests to appropriate departments.
- Assist in solving billing discrepancies.
- Handle monetary transactions per prescribed procedure.
- Utilize property management system and all other required technology to carry out daily responsibilities.
- Advise guests and callers of current rates and promotions.
- Show guestrooms and meeting space to prospective guests as needed.
- All other duties as assigned
Education, Knowledge and Skills:
- High School diploma or G.E.D. certificate
- Customer service background
- Hotel Front Desk experience preferred
- Language skills: Have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules (i.e., Lockout Tagout, JSA’s), safety awareness information (MSDS), operation and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to keep logs and to speak effectively to customers and associates.
- The hotel functions seven days a week, 24 hours a day. Applicant must have the flexibility to work a shift other than the one they are assigned dependent on business demand. Further, business demand and weather determines the amount of hours that are worked. Some weeks may be scheduled at less than 40 hours and other weeks at more than 40 hours.
- Use aggressive hospitality skills, which include:
- Smile and Greet every Guest
- Speak to the guest in a warm, friendly and courteous manner
- Display genuine and enthusiastic interest in the guest, pay complete attention
- Anticipate guest needs and be flexible in responding to them
- Be knowledgeable about your job
- LEARN to take ownership of guest problems and resolve them
- Report to work station at your scheduled time, being prepared to commence all assigned duties.
- Perform all job requests assigned by management in which the associate is capable.
- Maintain a well groomed, professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Acknowledge guests immediately with a smile and greeting. Use the guest’s name at least once in an interaction and practice the principles of Aggressive Hospitality.
- Anticipate guest needs and offer assistance.
- Always use guest name. Listen intently to each guest, focusing directly on them during each interaction.