Guest Service Agents are responsible for greeting and registering the guest, providing outstanding guest service during their stay, and settling the guest’s account upon completion of their stay. Primary responsibilities include: registering guests, making and modifying reservations, hotel operator, and concierge duties. Providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to all guests prior to arrival and throughout their stay, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy.
Schedule requirements: ability to work 1st and 2nd shift, rotating days off based on hotel needs
Education & Experience:
- College course work in related field helpful.
- Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Guest Service Agents must possess a positive and upbeat personality with a desire to deliver outstanding customer service to our guests.
- Guest Service Agents must have the ability to multi-task, be detail-oriented, and be able to problem solve in order to effectively deal with internal and external customers.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity while under pressure.
What you will be doing
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service oriented manner.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working (per brand standards).
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Greet and welcome all guests approaching the Front Desk in accordance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Maintain proper operation of the telephone switchboard and ensure that all Aimbridge Hospitality performance standards are met.
- Handle requests for information, mail and messages in an efficient and courteous manner.
- Answer guest inquires about hotel service, facilities and hours of operation.
- Answer inquires from guests regarding restaurants, transportation, entertainment, etc.
- Establish and maintain good communications and team work with fellow employees and other departments within the hotel.
- Be aware of all rates, packages and special promotions; Be familiar with all in house groups; Be aware of closed out and restricted dates.
- Have knowledge of and assist in emergency procedures as required.
- Handle check-ins and check-outs in a friendly, efficient and courteous manner.
- Fully comprehend and be able to operate all relevant aspects of the Front Desk computer system.
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and all other employees.
Source: Aimbridge Hospitality