SUMMARY: Is the ambassador to assist our arriving, in house or departing guests have a superior experience. Responsible for greeting guests, taking reservations, providing guest service and
settling guest accounts upon completion of their stay.
What's in it for you:
- Paid Vacation after 1 year of service
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance options
- Short and Long Term Disability options
- Employer paid life insurance with additional coverage options
- Employee Travel Program
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greets, checks in, and assigns rooms to guests
- Promptly and effectively deals with guest requests and complaints
- Answers phone calls and routes appropriately, takes accurate messages, makes
- reservations and uses upselling techniques as directed by General Manager or sales team
- Assists sales and marketing efforts as directed by General Manager
- Handles confidential information with high integrity
- Maintains accurate cash, accounting, and reservation records
- Responsible for all cash and credit card transactions so that drawers balance at the end
- of each shift
- Answers guest inquiries about area attractions, hotel services, directions or reservations
- Conducts wake up calls as requested
- Records pertinent guest information and issues in log book for opening managers
- Keeps communal areas and lobby clean
- Assists breakfast hosts in replenishing food or supplies and cleaning as directed
- Assists with laundry as directed
- Follows company policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Minimum of threemonths hotel guest service experience or equivalent training and experience.
- Interpersonal skills
- Guest service
- Innate sense of urgency
- Detail oriented
- Proficient communication
- Ability to multi-task
- Advanced experience with personal computers and related software applications
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language
- Will be required to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Will be required to work in a fast-paced environment.
Internal: General Manager, Assistant General Manager, Peers, Sales Manager, Director of
Sales and Field Operations at the corporate level
External: Guests - To provide customer service
This description of physical and mental activities is not intended to describe essential job functions. Rather, its purpose is to give the job applicant a feel for the physical and mental
activities of the job to the end that an applicant with a disability can determine whether he or she will be able to do this job either with or without accommodations.
The major responsibility of this position is to provide guest service and maintain the hotel reservation system. This person must understand the practices, techniques and technologies required in the work they are performing or monitoring.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision to that of a computer and the ability to adjust or focus.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.