The Assistant Guest Services Manager is responsible for assisting the GSM with the operation of the Front Office in an attentive friendly efficient and courteous manner providing all guests with quality service prior to and throughout their stay while maximizing room revenue and occupancy. Management-level associates are expected to work as much of each workday as is necessary to complete their job responsibilities; for OEM associates overtime does apply and is calculated accordingly.
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 2-year college degree and 3 or more years of related experience; or a 4-year college degree and at least 1 year of related experience.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Must be proficient in Windows operating systems.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful high pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information data etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to understanding and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive friendly courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working (per brand standards).
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Comply with certification requirements as applicable for position to include: Food Handlers Alcohol Awareness CPR & First Aid.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Establish and maintain attentive friendly courteous and efficient hospitality at the Front Desk.
- Respond to all guest requests problems complaints and/or accidents presented at the Front Desk or through Reservations in an attentive courteous and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Assist to Motivate coach counsel and discipline all Guest Services personnel according to Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.'s.
- Ensure compliance to brand and company training using the steps to effective training according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Assist with preparation of all Guest Services interviews and follow hiring procedures according to Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.'s.
- Assist with 90 day and annual Guest Service employee performance appraisals according to S.O.P.'s.
- Assist with development of employee morale and ensure training of Guest Services personnel.
- Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily. Analyze rate efficiency monitor credit report and maintain close observation of daily house count.
- Attend all required Rooms Merchandizing meetings with all appropriate reports and documentation necessary to establish select sell guidelines and implement appropriate restrictions.
- Assist with supervision of the Night Audit function and monitor the House Charge Worksheet and Flash Report for accuracy.
- Review Guest Services staff's worked hours for payroll compilation and submit to Accounting on a timely basis.
- Assist with preparation of employee Schedule according to business forecast payroll budget guidelines and productivity requirements. Present with Wage Progress Report to General Manager weekly.
- Ensure that no-show revenue is maximized through consistent and accurate billing.
- Maintain Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.'s regarding Purchase Orders vouchering of invoices and checkbook accounting.
- Ensure that Wage Progress Productivity and the Ten Day Forecast are completed on a timely basis according to Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.'s.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers employees and other departments.
- Work closely with Accounting on follow-up items i.e. returned checks rejected credit cards employee discrepancies etc.
- Operate all aspects of the Front Office computer system including software maintenance report generation and analysis and simple programming.
- Monitor proper operation of the P.B.X. console and ensure that employees maintain Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.'s in its use.
- Monitor the process of taking reservations ensuring that Aimbridge Hospitality courtesy and upselling techniques are maintained.
- Greet and welcome all guests approaching the Front Desk in accordance with Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.'s.
- Ensure implementation of all Aimbridge Hospitality policies and house rules.
- Understand hospitality terms.
- Operate radios efficiently and professionally in communicating with hotel staff. Ensure the proper use of radio etiquette within the department.
- Coordinate all aspects of the ongoing implementation of the Aimbridge Hospitality philosophy of service.
- Ensure correct and accurate cash handling at the Front Desk.
- Attend monthly all-employee team meetings and any other functions required by management.
- Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations.
- Ensure logging and delivery of all messages packages and mail in a timely and professional manner.
- Be aware of all rates packages and promotions currently underway.
- Follow and enforce all Aimbridge Hospitality hotel credit policies.
- Process and handle guest laundry (property specific).
- Ensure that empoyees are at all times attentive friendly helpful and courteous to all guests managers and other employees.
- Maintain and monitor 'Lost and Found' procedures and policies according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Establish and maintain key control system.
- Ensure participation within department for monthly Aimbridge team meeting.
- Focus the Guest Services Department on their role in contributing to the guest service scores.
- Monitor all V.I.P.'s special guests and requests.
- Maintain required pars of all front office and stationary supplies.
- Review daily Front Office work and activity reports generated by Night Audit.
- Review Front Office log book and Guest Request log on a daily basis.
- Assist the General Manager and Engineering Department in implementing and maintaining emergency procedures.
- Be familiar with all corporate sponsored programs such as airline mileage Triple Upgrade or V.I.P. programs and the standards and procedures for each.
- Maintain an organized and comprehensive filing system with documentation of purchases vouchering schedules forecasts reports and tracking logs.
- Conduct meetings according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards as required by management.
- Other duties as required.
This all-suite hotel offers a complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and an on-site restaurant, Porter Grill and Bar.
The Logan Airport Embassy Suites features two-room suites with 2 HDTVs and a sofa bed. Guests can also take advantage of in-room microwaves and refrigerators as well as the free evening manager's reception, featuring light snack and nonalcoholic beverages.
The hotel also features business facilities with a conference area for up to 300 guests. A fitness center, indoor pool and a whirlpool are also available.
Exploring Boston is easy when staying at the Embassy Suites Boston at Logan Airport. With free shuttle service to the 'T' (underground) station, guests can easily visit the attractions of the city center. The Boston Convention Center as well as the city's financial district are within an 5 miles radius of the property.
Explore new opportunities with Aimbridge Hospitality. As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our growing portfolio represents 1,400 hotels in 49 states and 20 countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels, destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our 60,000 associates around the globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge Hospitality.