The Front Desk Clerk position is responsible for providing superior service to both the internal and external customer. The position is also responsible for welcoming and providing service to guests of the hotel.
- Provides superior customer service, positively effects interactions with customers and employees, and has the resiliency to deal with difficult customers in all types of business conditions and the ability to work harmoniously with coworkers.
- Assigns guest accommodations in accordance with current procedures.
- Handles assigned bank properly and performs account postings.
- Maintains knowledge of hotel occupancy status, special events, in-house groups and other situations affecting the reception desk's daily operation.
- Accepts same day and advance reservations as required.
- Processes guest accounts upon checkout in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Maintains guest relations in a positive manner. If unable to satisfy guests' complaints, refers guest to appropriate personnel.
- Maintain ongoing knowledge of all Belterra Casino Resort & Spa services and entertainment opportunities.
- Effective communication skills.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain all licenses / certification per Federal, State, and Gaming regulations.
The skills and abilities necessary for this position are typically acquired through the completion of a high school education or equivalent, in addition to two months of on-the-job training or related experience.
Belterra® is a classic but revolutionary casino resort situated on the scenic Ohio River near the Markland Dam in Switzerland County, Indiana. Belterra offers a first class gaming and resort experience featuring 38,000 square feet of gaming space, outstanding guest rooms and suites, seven delicious food venues, a shopping pavilion, full-service spa and salon, a 1,500-seat entertainment showroom, an 18-hole Tom Fazio designed golf course and more than 50,000 square feet of meeting and conference space.
Belterra Casino Resort
777 Belterra Drive
Florence, Indiana 47020-9402
Boyd Gaming Corporation has been successful in gaming jurisdiction in which we operate in the United States and is one of the premier casino entertainment companies in the United States. Never content to rest upon our successes, we will continue to evolve and retain a position of leadership in our industry.
Our past success, our current business philosophies and our sound business planning, combine to position Boyd Gaming Corporation to maximize value for our shareholders, our team members and our communities.
We, as members of Boyd Gaming Corporation, operate with only the highest degree of integrity, and rely on the competence and friendliness of each person in our organization to provide entertainment and service to satisfy our customers' wants.
Through teamwork, we strive to maximize shareholder value, to be among the leading companies in our industry and to provide opportunities for all while we support and enhance our communities.
Boyd Gaming is one of the nation’s leading casino entertainment companies. But we’re so much more – a Fortune 1000 company that retains the philosophy of a family-owned business, focused on creating long-term, sustainable growth for our shareholders. This philosophy defines and separates us from the competition, making us unique in our industry.
From our earliest beginnings in the 1970s, we made a commitment to our shareholders and our team members to create an operating style built around family. In a highly competitive industry, our Boyd Style of hospitality has come to define us in a most unique way.
Forging ahead in the coming years, we will remain focused on our three main goals: improving our operating performance, continuing to execute on our current growth strategy, and demonstrating our branding initiatives.
We remain confident in the strength of our Company to successfully meet whatever challenges lie ahead.