We started with just one home and an idea: to bring homeowners and renters together with smart technology and caring local teams. Today, we’re the largest full-service vacation rental company in the US thanks to the people who give us their best every day. You’ll fit right in here if you’re curious, entrepreneurial, and thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
Why Operations at Vacasa
We live by a simple motto: happy team, happy owners, happy guests. Our local people are what set Vacasa apart. We’re hospitality professionals dedicated to the communities we work with. We’re the behind-the-scenes problem-solvers who create worry-free experiences for our owners and guests.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for a strong operations manager to help lead a team as a Front Desk Manager. The ideal candidate leads by example, communicates effectively, and is passionate about the tiny details, making positive experiences in every interaction with team members, guests, and owners.
What you’ll do
- Maintain correspondence and accurate records/files for the property. Inform other departments of occupancy counts or changes. Address and resolve customer inquiries and complaints.
- Check for accuracy on all daily/monthly reports processed by front desk.
- Schedule guest services and concierge.
- Work closely with food and beverage, administration, housekeeping, and maintenance departments, keeping them informed of occupancy forecasts and changes.
- Hire, discharge, and motivate employees. Responsible for ensuring that all employees are trained and knowledgeable in providing premium guest service, and that all work is being completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Keep Guest Services informed of policies and procedures. Conduct employee reviews and performance evaluations.
- Deal efficiently with customer complaints. Ensure “special arrangement” requests by the guests are carried out. Monitor all guest services’ personnel for courteousness and manner.
- Handle emergency situations.
- Follow-up on evening (after hours) work orders for Housekeeping.
- Order needed supplies for guest services related departments. Oversee uniforms for staff. Purchase reception amenities, etc. Monitor employee recognition programs and prizes. Oversee vendor activities.
- Perform Guest Services Representative duties as required.
The skills you’ll need
- High School Diploma or GED. College degree in Business or Hospitality Management preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience required.
- Must have strong organizational, business, and accounting skills.
Work environment and physical demands
- Availability to work Sunday through Saturday, early mornings, evenings and overnights as needed (or arrange for shift coverage as appropriate).
- Traveling between worksites is frequent and this person will need their own reliable transportation.
- Ability to stand, sit, and walk for an extended periods of time
- Reach overhead and below the waist
- Regularly push, pull, and lift up to 25 pounds
- Occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds
- Bend, stoop, squat, kneel, and twist
- The physical demands described here are an example of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
What you’ll get
- Health/dental/vision insurance—100% coverage option
- 401K retirement savings plan with up to a 6% company match
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Vacation time
- Paid sick leave and holidays
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment you’ll need to be successful
- Great colleagues and culture