DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Rapids is looking for an energetic, professional Front Desk Supervisor with exceptional guest service experience.
Greet and register guests, provides prompt and courteous service, and closes out guest accounts upon completion of stay to meet high standards of quality.
Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff. Assign and instruct guest service representatives in details of work. Observe performance and encourage improvement.
Greet guests immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate actions and provide accurate information such as outlet hours and local attractions.
Promptly complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from a computer system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate. Promote marketing programs. Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs. Code electronic keys. Nonverbally confirm the room number and rate. Provide welcome folders containing keys, certificates, coupons and refreshment center keys as appropriate. Close out guest accounts at time of check out. In the event of dissatisfaction, negotiate compromise, which may include authorizing revenue allowances.
Verify and imprint credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods. Handle cash, make change and balance an assigned house bank. Accept and record vouchers, travelers checks and other forms of payment. Perform accurate moderately complex arithmetic functions using a calculator. Post charges to guest rooms and house accounts using the computer.
Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear English language. Input messages into the computer. Retrieve messages and communicate the content to the guest. Retrieve mail, small packages and facsimiles for customers as requested.
Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy hotel activity, serving as a role model for guest service representatives and other employees. Resolve customer complications and complaints by conducting thorough research of the situation and identifying the most effective solutions. Make decisions and take action based on previous experience and good judgment, sometimes revising procedures to accommodate unusual situation. Authorize revenue allowances to remedy problems only after other alternative solutions have been offered.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Basic mathematical skills and considerable skill in the use of a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error.
- Ability to listen effectively and to speak English clearly.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Ability to stand, walk and continuously perform behind the front desk.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing and prepare complex reports of room availability and revenues generated.
- Ability to analyze and make judgments.