There are currently more than 20,000 objects in Earth's orbit. Some of these objects are operational satellites performing critical civil, scientific, and military missions. Tracking, monitoring, controlling and defending these satellites is of key national interest. The Information Integration and Decision Support Group develop the mission-critical decision support tools needed to perform key functions such as rapid event detection and dynamic scheduling of assets in order to develop courses of action for the Space Warfighter. The decision support tools are driven by integrating information from various sensors, sources, and systems.
The focal point of the group's activities resides in its BMC3 Analysis Testbed facility. It provides a real-time framework environment to ensure interoperability of several service-oriented-architecture (SOA) systems, to evaluate and operationalize the contributions of new sensors and sources, and to develop and assess the performance of new decision support algorithms using live data. In addition, it provides a simulation capability for Red/Blue exercises and event planning, operations, and training.
The Group’s Watchtower project is the continuous development of processing techniques and capabilities for non-traditional SSA data sources.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Provide front-end algorithm design and development on a large software project that exploits data from Space-based and Ground-based Space Surveillance Systems.
Tasks include the development, modification, and analysis of advanced algorithms for processing radar and optical remote sensing data as well as providing oversight for algorithm integration into the information system. Types of algorithms may include but not limited to image processing, target detection and tracking, calibration, and orbital dynamics. Type of work will also include GUIs, web services, databases, cluster computing, and other infrastructure pieces. Candidate should be familiar with complex orbital mechanics and/or signal and image processing techniques as applied to target detection, tracking, and classification algorithms. Candidates with large scale software experience in a Linux environment will be given special consideration. The software will be constructed primarily in Java running in a Linux environment. Candidates must have the ability to self-study, complete assignments independently and in a team environment, and effectively present results. Candidates should be comfortable interfacing with sponsors, contractor partners, and vendors that have overlapping responsibilities but varying degrees of familiarity with orbital dynamics and advanced data processing techniques
• Must be a U.S. citizen with an active TS/SCI clearance
• MS plus 3 years minimum relevant experience, or BS plus
• 5 years minimum relevant experience
• Extensive experience in JAVA based programming
• Extensive experience in Optical Focal Plane image processing
• Significant experience in VMWare
• Experience leading small teams of software developers
• Experience in a Domain Specific Language using Object Oriented Programming techniques
• on a large scale code base
• Experience and proficiency in all common operating systems such as CentOS, Red Hat, Windows, Linux
• Experience with ESB, REST and Pipeline-Filter architectures
• Experience with Eclipse development environment and Maven & OSGi build tools
• Experience in JUnit testing
• Experience Apache Camel, Karaf & Tomcat, PostgreSQL
• Experience/education in Orbital Dynamics
• Experience with MATLAB and web services
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
• Location: Colorado Springs, CO
• Travel: Non-Anticipated
• Employment Status: Full-Time Employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement)
• Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI).
This job posting sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position, which may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training.