Sevatec, Inc. is looking for a talented Front-End Developer with a passion for AngularJS to add to our dynamic team supporting a highly visible federal contract. The successful candidate will have experience working on an Agile team (Scrum/Kanban) in the design, development, enhancement, debugging, and implementation of software applications as a Full Stack Developer using the Spring framework.
- Support quality development practices and pursue new and better ways to build software.
- Foster an environment that produces high quality code and services for customers.
- Actively participate in improving the code base by performing code reviews.
- Demonstrate ability to implement new technologies and best practices (open source, Agile, etc.)
- Continuously improve and exceed the status quo: Code can always be better expressed, more elegant and simple, and higher in quality.
- Design, develop, enhance, debug, and deploy software applications
- Troubleshoot production problems related to existing software applications
- Research, design, develop, test, build, and coordinate the conversion and/or integration of software products based on client requirements
- Participate in conceptualizing, prioritizing, and creating strategies for software products.
- Consult with project teams and end users to identify application requirements.
- Resolve problems with software and respond to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Participate in development of software user documentation and technical reports.
- Associates Degree or higher OR 5+ years’ experience building and maintaining software applications
- Experience with cloud computing tools
- Experience in developing code, testing, and debugging new software or enhancements to existing software.
- Experience with AngularJS
- Experience with REST and/or SOAP based APIs consumption and creation.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Excellent communication and writing skills (ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience)
- Build automation with Jenkins, Gradle, or Maven.
- Automated testing with Cucumber, JUnit, Selenium, etc.
- Strong relational database skills with MS SQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB or DynamoDB
- Experience as part of an Agile development team (Scrum/Kanban)
Security Clearance: Must be a US Citizen and have or are able to obtain a Government Agency Suitability Clearance.
EEO Statement: Sevatec is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.