Front End Development Lead
New York, NY
155K + Bonus
Life Sciences Manage Service Provider
NO SPONSORSHIP AND NO REMOTE WORK
Front-end Development Lead to join the rapidly growing team in our New York City headquarters, focused on building a new digital health Vant. The ideal candidate has a serious passion for user-centered design and development; believes in constantly evolving and improving through iteration, testing, user research, and experimentation; and has the agility to go from the whiteboard design of an application all the way to the nuances of code implementation.
- Lead the front-end development of our clinical trial risk monitoring application, which enables data analysis and visualization across various study dimensions.
- Take an active role in defining the front-end architecture.
- Build and implement data-driven applications that consume service-oriented RESTful APIs to drive functionality and optimize front-end performance.
- Work with in-house, off-shore and/or near-shore development teams to achieve iterative sprint goals.
- Help the people who report to you grow and accomplish more by setting clear goals, providing direct feedback, managing project loads and allocating resources accordingly, and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Work with product managers and designers to rapidly produce prototypes.
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues, troubleshoot problems, and improve product quality.
- Develop robust and production-level code to implement new product features in collaboration with other designers, engineers and subject matter experts.
- Collaborate with the Data Architecture and Development Operations platform teams to evaluate and implement methodologies and workflows to facilitate the frequent and continuous release of high-quality software.
- Help recruit highly capable engineers to the team from diverse backgrounds.
- Mentor and be mentored by engineers of varied experience levels and subject matter areas.
- 3+ years relevant experience leading front-end application development.
- Superior skills writing modular, scalable, performant code.
- Knowledge of data visualization and charting libraries (e.g. D3, DC, C3, Plotly, etc.).
- Strong understanding of web standards and front-end design concepts like layout, specificity, accessibility, and browser compatibility across multiple platforms and devices.
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized, with effective multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Proactive, self-motivated and self-directed, with the ability to learn quickly and autonomously.
- Comfortable with ambiguity.
- Superior problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work as part of a collaborative cross-functional team in a fast-paced environment.
- Sincere interest in working at a rapidly changing start-up and scaling with the company as we grow.
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic performance in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Applied Science, or equivalent field.
Preferred (Nice-to-have) Qualifications:
- Experience building user interfaces that support analytics and interactive data visualization.
- Experience designing or writing unit tests and/or functional tests in a continuous integration environment.
- Experience with AWS S3, EC2, EMR, or an equivalent cloud-hosted infrastructure.
- Comfortable learning and using other coding languages such as Python, SQL, etc.
- Familiarity with design, wireframing, and prototyping tools (e.g. Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, InVision, Zeplin, Balsamiq, Figma, Framer, Axure, etc.).
- Experience in the life sciences industry.
- Experience with healthcare data, ideally clinical/operational clinical trial data.
- Knowledge of e-clinical systems and technologies (e.g. EDC, CTMS, IRT, etc.).
- Direct experience collaborating with clinical research/operations professionals.
- Familiarity with BI tools (e.g. Looker, Tableau, Qlik, Spotfire, etc.).
- Advanced degree (e.g. MBA, MSc, PhD, etc.) in relevant field.
Please contact Brian Clark at email@example.com
CLARK DAVIS ASSOCIATES, 20 Waterview Blvd, Parsippany, NJ, 07054; Phone (973) 257-8825; For a list of over 200 job opportunities, visit our website at https://clarkdavis.com