Position Title: Front End Manager
Supervisor: Branch Manager
FLSA: Exempt (Salaried)
Ensures that product is properly loaded, rung up and processed accurately and timely as well as handling customer problems and issues to develop a spirit of positive customer service.
- Supervises, trains, evaluates and works alongside cashiers, front-end loaders, checkers and U-boat retrieval
- Ensures safe operating procedures are followed.
- Makes recommendations for hiring, firing and promoting of employees.
- Prevents long lines and delayed customer checkouts by anticipates busy times of each day, week and/or season and developing weekly schedules for cashiers and loaders including lunches and breaks.
- As part of loss prevention, ensures all employees at registers are performing cart to cart transfers when processing sales.
- Secures front end by making sure the loaders and cashiers do not exchange information on counts from the receipt.
- Ensures that loaders are loading wagons and assisting customers to the parking lot.
- Monitors loaders to make sure that they load all product and check any open boxes to ensure integrity/security of product being entered.
- Ensures loaders are loading and conducting piece counts and calling off to supervisors.
- Ensures that the front end has proper staffing and operating equipment to allow quick and accurate checkout. Including scanners and registers.
- Ensures that cashiers are checking big boxes to ensure the integrity of the ring-up.
- Ensures Front End Supervisors are checking all wagons at point of exit for proper date, name on top of receipt, number of receipt total of last receipt, and matches total on yellow paid receipt.
- Reviews cashier and loader errors and documents in log, for them to sign.
- Handles adjustments, returns, over rings, voids, etc. so as to maintain a smooth flow of customers.
- Keeps logs of items not properly labeled to make sure they are corrected on floor.
- Monitors cashiers to make sure they are following through on their job responsibilities concerning loading of goods onto wagons, checking of receipts and counts, as well as ringing/scanning of product.
- Assures that customer problems are handled quickly so as not to allow the cashier or loader to have words with the customer.
- Maintains dialogue with customers to get feedback on items not found, and quality of service on the floor.
- Maintains a New Item Request log which is reviewed weekly with the Branch Manager.
- Ensures that customers have adequate supply of wagons that are working and roll easy.
- Makes sure that employees in front end are properly dressed and wearing their name tags.
- Assigns employees in slow periods to do other work, such as return or processing of damages, sweeping and cleaning of F/E and parking lot area.
- Ensures all supervisors are completing a minimum of 5 test checks per day they work.
- Maintains integrity of F/E displays and stocking areas.
- Ensure registers are stocked with the Rate Us Cards, flyers, hot sheets, store maps, etc.
The preceding responsibilities are representative of the responsibilities performed by this position and are not intended to be inclusive.
- Performs other work-related duties as required and assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree, OR High School Diploma of GED with at least 4 years experience in customer service or related field, OR any appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, and general public
- Ability to calculate figures, and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, mass and volume.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive situations.
- Commitment to company values and strong customer orientation.
- Computer Literacy
- For the most part the ambient will be room temperature, due to proximity of work-station to the exit doors, room temperature may change according to the season and the level of activity at the store.
I fully understand the responsibilities and qualifications required for this job. Furthermore, I find that I am capable of performing the required functions.
I understand that this is my position and agree to inform management at such time that I believe that my daily job functions, including the right to interview new hires, recommend hires and recommend terminations, do not fit the outlined above.