About the role
Do you get excited about working on critical systems? Join the Zillow PA Advertising team and you will work on projects with a massive impact on Zillow’s bottom line. Your work will help shift the strategy of the company by building products that empower home shoppers and help them connect with real estate agents to buy their ideal home. As a Front End Senior Software Development Engineer on this team, you will:
- Architect and build new experiences to improve the home shopping experience. Help home shoppers find their dream homes. Make it easy for agents to build relationships with home shoppers.
- Create engaging user experiences in React.
- Iterate quickly and ship code when it's ready. You'll help the team shorten our development cycle while maintaining high quality.
- Research and pioneer the adoption and use of new technologies within Zillow.
- Own the quality of your feature work through test automation and monitoring.
- Set standard methodologies influencing not only the team, but the entire Zillow Advertising organization and raise the bar for testing standards, code quality, and maintainability.
- Work with and mentor a smart, friendly, and passionate team
This position gives you opportunities to:
- Work at one of Seattle’s most highly-rated workplaces, enjoying the best of both worlds between a large company (stability) and a small startup (growth potential).
- Play a meaningful role on a mission-critical software team that builds and maintains web experiences seen by hundreds of millions of people every month.
- Enjoy an outstanding work-life balance; frequent, high quality releases with no on call.
- Work with highly accomplished teammates and apply the latest industry tools and best-practices to advance your own technical vision.
About the Team
The team's goal is connecting home shoppers with real estate agents that advertise on Zillow. You will be adaptable, display leadership qualities, and pursue and solve new problems as we continue to push technology forward.
Our technical stack consists of:
- React and Redux on the front end
- Java and Python on the backend
- SQL and No-SQL data store
The team enjoys a good challenge and we celebrate our successes together. If you enjoy working in a supportive environment that encourages creativity and promotes ownership and career growth, come and join us.
Who you are
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years of software development experience
- Experience in modern frameworks like React is a plus
Get to know us
Zillow Group houses a portfolio of the largest and most vibrant real estate and home-related brands on the web and mobile. Our mission is to build the largest, most trusted and vibrant home-related marketplace in the world.
Zillow Group is owned, fueled and grown by innovators who help people make better, smarter decisions around all things home. We encourage one another at every level, and our efforts are supported by employee-driven, world-class benefits that enable us to enjoy our lives outside the office while building fulfilling careers that impact millions of individuals every day.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.