Wolverine Worldwide is a global marketer of branded footwear, apparel, and accessories. With an established global footprint that spans approximately 200 countries and territories, as well as a rock-solid infrastructure, Wolverine Worldwide is dedicated to advancing the following brands that comprise the ever-expanding portfolio: Bates, Chaco, Cat Footwear, Harley Davidson Footwear, Hush Puppies, Keds, Merrell, Saucony, Sperry, and Wolverine. Wolverine Worldwide’s continued success is driven by our ability to stay true to our simple mission: we empower, engage and inspire our consumers – every step of the way.
The Front End Web Developer leads front-end development efforts for assigned brand. Sets, oversees and implements standards for front-end development best practices.
- Lead front-end web development efforts for brands, including ongoing updates to existing HTML content areas and the creation of new sites and templates
- Research, set and enforce front end web development standards with a focus on maximizing website performance
- Create quality mock-ups and prototypes
- Ensure functional & visually appealing web-and-mobile based applications are grounded in best-in-class UX practices
- Collaborate with the back-end development/technology team on standards, planning, implementation and rollout of ongoing projects and updates.
- Partner with Brand Designers and copywriters to develop creative that is optimized to work within Demandware page templates in a sustainable way or suggest alternative options with full explanation of resource implications
- Guide front-end designers/developers on best practice coding standards
- Translate designs into html/css content that meet W3C standards
- Deploy/modify content via CMS
- Investigate front-end website bugs and implement HTML/CSS fixes
- Populate and code site creative/content updates across multiple brand websites
- Optimize web graphics to ensure maximum download speed while maintaining high visual quality
- Follow brand standards and web style guides to ensure that the brand is consistently rendered throughout the customer experience on the keds.com site
- Balance numerous projects to meet ongoing deadlines
- Maintain organized archive of ongoing design and code files
- Performs duties consistent with the Company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of web/digital design experience.
- Strong code troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and other graphic-editing tools
- Thorough understanding of responsive design, browser behavior and compatibility, and cross-browser optimization / troubleshooting
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple goals under tight deadlines
- Functional understanding of W3C standards
- Experience with web graphic optimization techniques
- Demandware or other eCommerce/CMS platform experience a plus
- Experience working in an eCommerce environment a plus
- Drive to stay current with emerging technologies
- Innovative & solutions oriented
- Experience in having work go through usability testing
Normal office environment. Some travel may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).