PeopleTec is currently seeking a Front-End Web UI Developer to support our Huntsville, AL location.
Candidate will be a member of an agile software development team developing custom web applications for Government clients. The developer is expected to work in a collaborative cohesive team environment as well as independently. Candidate must also be able to research and overcome most technical hurdles with minimal supervision. The developer is expected to exercise good technical judgment in selecting and implementing solutions. Strong communications skills are required, as the developer may interact with senior internal and external stakeholders and clients. Responsibilities include: develop new user-facing features, build reusable code and libraries, ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs, and optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Expert understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3.
- Expert understanding of CSS pre-processors, such as SASS Expert understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Expert understanding of SEO principles.
- Proficient understanding of at least one image editing tool.
- Experience with Sketch or Photoshop is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of Git source code versioning.
- Good understanding of peer review code merging process (merge request or pull request).
- Travel: 0%
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- An active DoD Secret clearance is required to perform this work. Candidates are required to have an active Secret clearance upon hire, and the ability to maintain this level of clearance during their employment.
A completed Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Software Engineering and/ or experience in development of Software Applications or related technical discipline and minimum of 6 years' experience required. An additional 4 years of software engineering/ development experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
PeopleTec, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following email address, HR@peopletec.com and/or phone number (256.319.3800) to contact us about your interest in employment with PeopleTec, Inc.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. PeopleTec, Inc. participates in E-Verify.