Front Office Administrative Assistant, Washington, DC, (ID#15280)
***MUST HAVE A TOP SECRET CLEARANCE***
candidates with out a TS clearance will not be considered
Cherokee Nation Mission Solutions (CNMS) is committed to delivering innovative solutions to solve its clients' toughest problems, whether it be in the next state or around the world. CNMS utilizes the most qualified teams to support each client's mission, providing responsive, strategic and innovative paths forward. CNMS makes it a priority to build personal, business relationships with each client and to consistently go above and beyond their expectations.
For more company information, visit our site at www. http://cherokeenationbusinesses.com
The Front Office Administrative Assistant shall provide administrative support services, as outlined herein, to efficiently support the program management of the Bureau of East Asian and Pacific Affairs of the Department of State.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following:
- Serves as the Special Assistant to the Director and Deputy Director of EAP. In that capacity, serves as EAP's principal point-of-contact/liaison with the bureau's Office of the Assistant Secretary.
- Ensures a seamless and timely flow of information, policy guidance and advice between the EAP front office and the affected supervisors and members of the EAP staff.
- Ensures the requisite clearance(s) and timely response by the responsible members of the EAP staff on formally tasked action items required by the Office of the Assistant Secretary.
- Provides administrative support, including making travel arrangements, office logistics, supply inventory, and other special administrative support as required by the Directorate.
- Responsible for incoming/outgoing correspondence, reviews and distributes incoming correspondence to appropriate action officers or staff; collects and reviews
- outgoing correspondence for neatness, accuracy and proper handling and maintains related office chronological file.
- Escorts personnel as required.
- Establishes and maintains official files on specific subject matters.
- Assists with coordinating meetings, scheduling conference rooms, monitoring leave for staff personnel, ordering supplies, and other administrative duties.
- Works with the EAP Special Assistants to monitor internal tasks, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Receives and screens telephone calls and visitors; follows up to ensure necessary action is initiated, and subsequently works to assure that such action is completed as quickly as possible, as applicable and appropriate.
- Enters all forms of correspondence in final form including cables, memorandums,letters, briefing papers, etc.
- Maintains the calendar for office management by arranging and scheduling appointments, handling all meeting requests and providing calendar information to management on a daily basis.
- Prepares meeting briefs to managers indicating appointment purpose and providing any relevant background data.
- Record minutes from meetings and prepares briefings materials.
- Serves as a T&A administrator; prepares and maintains T&A report.
- Maintains and monitors office leave schedule as directed by the COR and/or GTM.
- Performs other appropriate administrative assignments such as document replication, ordering office supplies, inventorying office supplies, and otheradministrative duties as assigned.
- Maintains work area in a professional manner at all times (work area must be clean, presentable, and organized, per COR guidance).
- Ensures automation equipment is operational (paper in the copier/fax machine, changes out printer ink cartridges, calls in work orders).
- Assists with setting up conference calls, coordinating with IT personal to setup conferences requiring IT support.
- Assists with prepping conference rooms before and after social events and official events during the workday.
- Assists with setting up and cleaning up official office events.
- Creates standard operating procedures related to office administration.
- Updates office management information (seating charts, phone lists, welcome book, etc.).
- Coordinates badge access for EAP employees.
- Submits GSD Tracker/Ariba requests.
- Coordinates travel and processes vouchers for managers and ICA employees in E2.
- Provides back-up on Rhythmyx updates.
- Assists managers in evaluations process via GEMS.
- Works with EAP's Staff Assistants and Executive Assistants to monitor internal tasks, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Manages the continuous and smooth flow of information, such as cables,correspondence, briefing papers, and memoranda.
- Ensures that the 1CA Director receives relevant information in a timely manner.
- Serves as the SharePoint site expert and works to improve accessibility, archives, and functionality; provides regular training and briefings on the use of SharePoint to manage paper flow to staff within and outside the Bureau.
- Supports other developmental, leadership and training activities and assignments as applicable.
- Provides coordination, quality control, and process flow management for communications from and to the Office and among its constituent divisions.
- Contributes to the development of programs, goals, objectives, and administrative policies and processes for EAP, and the attainment of the goals and objectives.
- Uses a high degree of independent judgment in researching regulations, and in determining the relationship between guidelines and organizational efficiency and program effectiveness; uses his or her judgment in choosing, interpreting, or adapting available guidelines to specific issues or subjects.
No supervisory or management authority.
EDUCATON AND EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or equivalent required. 8 to 10 years of administrative/receptionist experience required. Excellent customer service and multi-tasking skills.
***MUST HAVE A TOP SECRET CLEARANCE***
Controlled climate office environment.
With $400 million in annual revenue, 20% growth per year, approximately 950+ active contracts serving 60+ government agencies in 25 countries, 47 states, 2 territories and 2000+ employees, Cherokee Nation Businesses' (CNB) group of Federal Contracting Section 8(a) companies is well positioned to deliver expertise needed to solve complex technical issues. Federal Solutions provides an array of services for 12 of the 15 cabinet-level departments and agencies - from applications and data services to cybersecurity and national defense.
Why consider Cherokee Nation and our Federal Solutions business? Here are some great resources highlighting what we do and compelling reasons for joining our team!
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: EEO Statement | EEO Poster
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may email "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2018 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.