Assist patients to effectively utilize dental services and perform a variety of general clerical duties. Handle the dental billing activities of the department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Greet clients and answer phones courteously for the clinic. Direct clients to appropriate services as needed.
• Explain NEMS’ system and clinic services to new patients.
• Direct clients to assigned operatories.
• Handle schedules/appointments for patients and clinic providers.
• Answer phone calls and respond to request appropriately.
• Calls patients and remind them of upcoming appointment.
• Handle dental records: scan appropriate documents, referral follow-up letters, in dental charts and prepare superbills for scheduled
• Verify the dental insurance eligibility and follow up with the patients for insurance information.
• Handle cash register, check client’s balance and obtain payment from responsible party.
• Prepare and audit charge and receipt summary at the end of the day make corrections to data entry if needed.
• Handle all chart release request and the specialty referrals.
• Verify/updates patient insurance and billing discrepancies.
• Sorts and distributes the faxes & mails to the proper staff.
• Assist the patients to schedule appointment with the specialties if needed.
• Performs other job duties as required by manager/supervisor.
• Minimum high school degree and at least 2 years of similar work experience.
• Prior training and experience in dental insurance billing is preferred.
• Knowledge of dental terminology and ability to read radiographs to facilitate insurance billing is highly preferred.
• Ability to handle computer data entry.
• Must be able to fluently speak, read and write English.
• Fluent in Chinese (Mandarin) required
• Fluency in other languages are an asset.
This is an FLSA non-exempt position.
This is not an OSHA high-risk position.
NEMS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer welcoming diversity in our workforce. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.