The Front Office Assistant I will perform a variety of general clerical duties and special projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Greets and check- in patients including handing out questionnaire/files, scanning insurance card, and collecting co-payments.
• Schedules appointments for patients.
• Answer phone calls and respond to request appropriately.
• Calls patients and remind them of upcoming appointment.
• Verify/updates patient insurance and billing discrepancies.
• Inform and refer patients of the NEMS’ services and programs.
• Conduct periodic updates of demographic and financial data.
• Transfer triages patients to Medical Clinic team.
• Receives, sorts, and routes daily mail.
• Prepares and send out mailings.
• Assist in outreach projects.
• Cover staff member at other clinic sites.
• Performs other job duties as required by manager/supervisor.
• Completion of a high school certificate or equivalent.
• Must be proficient in computers.
• Must be detail oriented.
• Prior customer service experience preferred.
• Prior experience in a medical field is a plus.
• Must be able to fluently speak, read and write English.
• Fluent in Chinese (Cantonese and/or Mandarin), Vietnamese, Spanish and other languages may be required depending on location.
• Fluency in other languages are an asset.
• This is an FLSA non-exempt position.
• This is not an OSHA high-risk position.
NEMS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer welcoming diversity in our workforce. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
NEMS BENEFITS: Competitive benefits, including free medical, dental and vision insurance for employee, spouse and/or children; and company contribution to 401(k).