The Front Office Assistant is responsible for the performance of the Front Office duties in support of all medical practices, as assigned, including telephone answering, appointment and resource scheduling, insurance verification, revenue processing, charge and payment posting and patient check-in and check-out according to the office specific protocols. Staff is knowledgeable about and follows office protocols regarding HIPAA and patient privacy. Projects an image of professionalism in communication, appearance and conduct. Supports the MemorialCare Health System mission and customer service excellence standards. Participates in the continuous quality improvement process. Maintains a working knowledge of departmental standard operating procedures.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Must excel in interpersonal communication and customer service and be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Be organized, detailed oriented and accurately completes follow through.
- Must have the ability to problem solve to logical conclusion and demonstrate initiative and responsibility.
- Must have good listening skills and the ability to communicate effectively and clearly both verbally and in writing. This includes the ability to professionally and diplomatically discuss difficult topics while promoting the Company's position.
- Be at work and be on time
- Follow company policies, procedures and directives
- Interact in a positive and constructive manner
- Prioritize and multitask
- Must have a minimum of 1 year of customer service in any field and experience working with computers in a work environment is required
- Experience as an Administrative Assistant, Receptionist, Front Desk / Concierge or Guest Service Associate in any corporate or hospitality environment would be considered.
- Prior medical office experience preferred.
- High school graduate or equivalent required
- Certificate or Medical Terminology Certificate preferred
- CPR for healthcare provider card required (can be obtained once hired)