Havingenergized and friendly front office assistants is essential to deliveringquality care and creating success in our centers. As a front office assistant, you will be responsible for greetingpatients, activating patient files, and providing support to medical staff. Ifyou’re a team player with a warm and welcoming attitude, excellentinterpersonal skills, and the ability to multi-task, we’d love for you to joinour team!
- Assistin opening and closing the clinic, locking and unlocking the doors, andmaintaining a clean waiting area
- Welcomeall On-Site Clinic patients and visitors by greeting them with a friendlydemeanor, answering inquiries and directing them through theregistration process.
- Answermulti-phone lines, filing, faxing, scanning documentation and completing dailypatient callbacks
- Collectall insurance information, verify patient demographics, process payments, andcomplete phone sheets.
- Dischargepatients, verify their information, and provide them with anything needed toleave such as discharge papers, prescription, or work/school excuses
Thisrole is patient-facing and requires working in a clinical setting. The noiselevel is moderate and there is a potential for exposure to infectious diseasesand blood-borne pathogens. It requires the ability to stand and sit for hoursat a time (with some bending and stooping), ability to use manual dexterity inrelation to clinical requirements, and ability to lift 50 lbs. Hours may varybased on location, patient volume, and business needs.
You’ll be rewardedand recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge youand give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as wellas provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- HighSchool Diploma or equivalency (GED)
- 1+year(s) of customer service OR experience in a medical office setting
- Experiencewith basic computer software and the ability to learn electronic medicalrecords
- Lift50 pounds
- Understandingof occupational medicine
- Experience collecting health insuranceinformation and/or processing patient payments
- Experience with patient registration
- 6+ months of experience navigating computer systems,tools, and technologies – such as Microsoft Office, point of sale (POS),electronic medical record (EMR), or practice management and billing systems
Proofof immunity to vaccine-preventable diseases is an employment requirement.
OptumCareis committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they dobest: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative andbusiness support services to both its owned and affiliated medical practiceswhich are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physicianemployees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making andpatient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control thepractice of medicine provided by the medical practices of any of theirphysicians.
Diversitycreates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices areEqual Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualifiedapplicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status,disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, maritalstatus, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCareand its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates arerequired to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Front Office Assistant, Receptionist, ClinicAdministrative Assistant, Patient Coordinator, MedExpress, Patient ServiceRepresentative, Customer Service, Clinic, Clinical Administrative Coordinator,Medical Office, Customer Service, Patient Care, Medical, Healthcare, Admittingand Registration Clerk, health care , medical receptionist, scheduler, frontoffice, medical front desk, MedExpress, Plymouth, MN, Minnesota