The CSI Companies is currently seeking a Front Office Medical Assistant for a Long Term Contract position with one of our clients, one of the largest physician-led healthcare delivery networks in the state of Florida, in their Kissimmee, FL offices.
All candidates must be Certified and hold an active license or be willing to get certified within 90days of employment.
Certified Medical Assistant Job Description/Responsibilities:
- Performs all duties within the scope of a Certified Medical Assistant (procedures, injections, EKGs, phlebotomy).
- Rooms patients according to company standards.
- Records patient care documentation in the medical record accurately and in a timely manner.
- Coordinates patient care as directed by physicians, company standards and policies.
- Processes appropriate documents in an organized and accurate fashion.
- Respects patient confidentiality at all times.
- Organizes exam and treatment rooms, stocks and cleans rooms and sterilizes instruments.
- Maintains certifications (MA and CPR) and quality control standards.
- Participates in marketing events as determined by business need.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High school graduate or GED equivalent required.
- Current, nationally recognized Medical Assistant certification or registration required or the ability to obtain the designation within 90 days of employment.
- Current CPR certification or the ability to attain the certification within 30 days of employment.
- Basic computer literacy required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology required.
- ICD-9 and CPT coding required.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations required
- Good communication and customer service skills required.
- Bilingual- fluent in English/Spanish
Preferred Education, Experience & Skills
- At least one year of experience as a Medical Assistant.
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program.
- More than one year of related experience in a medical setting preferred.
- Certification- Medical Assistant
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to push or pull heavy objects using up to 100 pounds of force
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use fine motor skills to operate equipment and/or machinery
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions verbally and/or in writing
- Ability to use logical reasoning for simple and complex problem solving
- Occasionally requires exposure to communicable diseases or bodily fluids