Job Position: Front Office Medical Receptionist
Location: Terre Haute, IN
Years’ Experience Required: 1+
Employment Type: Part Time
Benefits: Competitive benefits package which includes generous paid time off and 401k
Business: Outpatient Therapy Clinic
This position is primarily responsible for coordinating all functions necessary for an efficient and productive flow of patients between check-in, treatment, and check-out. This position is a point-of-contact for all non-clinical patient service including managing the patient scheduling process; collecting, posting, and depositing patient payments; maintaining patient charts and electronic medical records; maintaining the front desk area; and providing outstanding customer service to our patients. This will be a 30 - 39 hour work week.
• Greet patients and direct them accordingly
• Answer incoming telephone lines
• Electronic Scheduling/Book appointments
• Data Entry
• Verify current personal and financial information
• Verify insurance benefits/obtain authorizations as needed to process patient for services
• Check patients out
• Collecting money over the counter
• Faxing and Filing and perform any other duties assigned
• Must have 1 year of previous knowledge in a medical office environment.
• Excellent telephone skills
• Must be proficient in Word and Excel.
• Previous experience with medical software preferred.
• Knowledge of medical terminology, CPT and ICD9/ICD10 coding.
• Team player attitude, energetic, with a focus on excellent customer service.
• Be flexible with your hours.
• Attention to detail
• Time Management skills
• Be Organized, able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Must possess valid driver's license.
• Must be authorized to work in the United States.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work may require sitting for long periods of time; also stooping, bending and stretching for files and supplies. Occasionally lifting files or paper weighing up to 30 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, operate a calculator, telephone, copier and other such office equipment. Vision must be correctable to 20/20 and hearing must be in the normal range for telephone contacts. It is necessary to view and type on computer screens for prolonged periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is performed in an office environment. Involves contact with patients and public.
• High school graduate or equivalent
We do look for stable past work history and previous work experience in the role.