Why We're Here
We believe heartfelt, human connections make people's lives better. Especially the people who work here.
Our founder, Bill Kimpton rebelled against impersonal, generic hospitality that makes people feel disconnected. He initiated a new boutique hotel standard and environment where people could connect, from the heart. That was the goal then, and it is still our purpose today.
Your work here has meaning. You're here to improve the lives of coworkers, guests, owners, communities, and together we make that happen. It's what drives all that we do. Every day you can improve lives in your own, unique way and you can expect the same in return. It all starts with you.
How We're Different
Our San Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life kick started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this day.
It all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you - with your diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky personality - is fully welcome, and celebrated here. Because we know that when people can be themselves at work, they shine.
That's what we seek out and celebrate. It's people of all kinds who share a knack for creativity and self-leadership. People who don't need to be told what to do to get things done. People who have an innate passion for making others' lives better.
It adds up to a work environment that's a bit quirky, irreverent, exciting, uncommon, empowering, and downright exceptional. Guests feel it; you'll feel it too.
What You'll Do
Lead all aspects of all Front Office operations by setting and maintaining a high level of guest service. Provide timely and courteous service to all guests, encouraging them to return again to generate repeat business. Assist guests upon check-in and provide great service throughout their stay. Ensure all functions are carried out to maintain an environment of collaboration.
Some of Your Responsibilities:
* Meet with staff to get any pertinent information at the start of shift and review the Front Desk logbook.
* Review all arrivals and departures noting any special requests, challenges, and to ensure that billing is accurate, assess whether any guest relocation will be necessary.
* Make sure all shifts are covered as scheduled, cover as necessary.
* Follow established key control policy, credit policies, and be knowledgeable of all fire and emergency procedures.
* Ensure the completion of the desk agents' AM/PM checklist.
* Handle guest situations as they arise in a calm and professional manner.
* Be an expert in all employee duties to ensure you are "leading by example" in all that you do.
* Maintain professional contact via telephone with all other hotel departments.
* Ensure accuracy of groups, rooming lists, billing, amenities, arrivals, etc.
* Maintain cleanliness, organization of back office, front desk, and front desk closet, as well as inventory of office supplies.
* Counsel and coach employees when necessary, using accurate documentation and techniques.
* Ensure all employees complete their duties before departing, that they are posted at their stations on time.
* Accountable for training and daily monitoring of all service levels, as well as making sure all team members are following grooming and uniform standards.
* Accountable for meeting or coming in under payroll and expense budgets.
What You Bring
* 2 years of related experience in hospitality or similar industry.
* High School Diploma is preferred.
* Flexible schedule, able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays when needed.
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles, education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual orientation, gender identities and genders. For our complete EEO policy click here.
Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.
Employer will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 9 of Chapter XVIII of the Los Angeles Municipal Code.