A client of Skills Pipeline’s in the e-commerce industry is growing and is in need of a Frontend Developer. The daily work is an exciting blend of custom internal web application development and enterprise solution integration. Building solutions for users and many different internal departments: Sales and Marketing team, Member Services team, and Content Team just to name a few.
With so many unique internal and external customers to satisfy, there is a wide range of exposure to different problems that need solving. This isn’t rinse and repeat development. Company leadership inspires teams to grow and evolve professionally and personally, and we thrive on testing new ideas. This allows us to move quickly and seize exciting opportunities, building solutions using the frameworks, tools, and technologies that best meet the task at hand and provides a great opportunity for gain experience.
As a fast-growing company with wide-ranging digital offerings, there are opportunities everywhere. The team moves to capitalize and innovate on these opportunities in a fast-moving and positive, collaborative culture that empowers individuals and teams to bring their ideas to life.
- Recommend system changes and enhancements as appropriate
- Test functionality of websites in various browsers and on various mobile devices
- Implement mobile-first, responsive design
- Learning new and emerging technologies
- Provide feedback and guidance regarding technical issues
- Collaborate with UX designers and backend developers
- Document code and workflows
SKILLS/ABILITIES AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience with JS build tools (Grunt, Gulp, etc.) -- able to write custom tasks to streamline development workflow
- Working knowledge of RESTful APIs, particularly how to consume them via AJAX
- Knowledge of web performance analysis and optimization
- Working knowledge of CMS-assisted development and Version Control such as GIT
- Solid understanding of internal business and marketing strategies and how our web solutions address the needs of the business
- 2+ years experience in development