DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
About Del Sol Medical Center
POSITION SUMMARY: To provide professional nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process. To collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team including physicians to deliver quality health care.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process.
- Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement processes.
- Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
- Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patients right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
- Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the patient.
- Evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status; takes appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
- Accompanies Level 1 Trauma patients transported to University Hospital in accordance with physician orders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current RN licensure in Texas or compact state required
- BCLS Required
- ACLS and PALS certification required (Applicable to FSED)
- Those candidates with no recent ED experience or GNs will have 6 months after hire to complete ACLS and PALS education/certification
- TNCC required within 12 months of employment or transfer to the department
- Successful completion of triage training within one year of employment
- Diploma, ADN or BSN
- 1 Year ED Experience required (Applicable to FSED)
- BSN preferred
- Certified Emergency Nurse
- Acute care experience
- Pre-hospital experience
- Minimum 2 yrs. emergency department experience
- Medical surgical nursing experience
- Reads and writes Basic English with skills to interpret and execute physician orders required
- Ability to listen empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partner needs
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.